Monday, January 1, 2024

Welcome to the Gundam Anime Corner 2024

Welcome, Dear Readers old and new, to the start of one of the biggest years yet for my little corner of the internet I like to call the Gundam Anime Corner.  Almost 10 years ago, the blog began quietly on another platform with my first review of Eden of the East.  March 31, 2024 will mark the 10th year anniversary of working on this epic project of mine.  10 years is a long time to dedicate to anything but I have to say that the continued expansion of the Anime Corner is still something I’m incredibly proud of.  There’s gonna be great stuff for New Readers and Old to experience this year, not just in the lead in to the 10th Anniversary Review but in the coming Year 11 as well. 
 
So what’s waiting for us in the next couple of months of 2024?  How about a little breakdown, shall we?
 
Monday-Reviews
2023 became a very hectic personal year and some of that took a toll on the blog.  Originally I had intended to continue doing Reviews twice a week on Mondays and Fridays.  But with a new full time job taking a chunk of time, I had to return to one review a week back in August and through the rest of 2023.  This year, to ensure I don’t get too overwhelmed, we’re heading back to basics with a classic One Review a Week schedule (with an occasional exception like Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury in April).  Kicking things off starting today is a look at the megahit TV adaptation of Scott Pilgrim Takes Off.  Then January continues with Xenosaga: The Animation and February will be home to Beyond the Boundary, with a quick visit from something Final Fantasy related towards the end of the month because a certain Remake Trilogy continuation arrives then as well.  As for March, well I’ll talk more about that on Wednesday…speaking of which…
 

Wednesdays-Top 5 Wednesdays
This past year, I somehow crossed the threshold of 400 Top 5 lists.  Over the course of over 10 years that’s pretty impressive and I’m shocked I can still think of some week after week.  These Top 5 lists can range from any kind of topic from personal interests in Anime to upcoming features to recommendations and so on and so forth.  We’re up to 437 now, which means I should be thinking of a special list for my 450th.  Like I said a second ago though, our first T5W of the year will be a big one that might involve readers possibly picking a certain special title for later this year.
 

Thursdays-Gunpla Builder Thursday (Season 2)
Being a Gundam fan for almost 25 years, I’m shocked I haven’t gotten into Gunpla as much as one should.  In 2022, that all changed and I’ve been building to make up for lost time ever since.  Last year saw the debut of a new recurring feature on the blog, GBT: Gunpla Builder Thursday.  Here I give history and a semi detailed breakdown of my various Gunpla builds.  The new season begins this Thursday and will run for 8 new episodes with an option for more maybe later in 2024 but we’ll see.


Friday-First Impression Friday
In 2016, I got an idea after attending Katsucon.  I saw a few quick screenings of various Anime, not enough for a full review but enough for some initial thoughts.  That’s where First Impression Friday was born.  Here is where I check out the first couple of episodes of an Anime and give my verdict on whether they might be worth continuing with.  Many titles that have appeared on FIF have gone on to get full series reviews at some point.  I usually split a season of this feature into two parts: one in the winter/early spring and the other late summer/fall.  What titles will pop up in First Impression Friday’s 9th Season?  Check back every Friday to find out.
 
And that my friends is your quick introduction and sneak peak of things to come for the Gundam Anime Corner until about the end of February.  If you’re a longtime or frequent reader, welcome back and I hope you’re excited for what’s coming this year.  If you’re new, feel free to come and go as you please and hopefully this blog will make your day better even in the tiniest of ways.  Welcome everyone, to the Gundam Anime Corner 2024.  Let’s get this party started.

No comments:

Post a Comment