Wednesday, September 21, 2022

T5W#371-Top 5 High Grade Gundam Breaker Battlogue Gunpla I’d Like to Build

It’s very odd and slightly embarrassing to admit but being as big as Gundam fan as I am, I haven’t built a lot of Gunpla.  There was a brief time I tried it when Gundam Wing came state side but other than that, I mostly stuck to the action figures (and those I still have in various states of disrepair).  However, I met a new friend at Otakon who has expressed interest in getting into building Gunpla themselves.  It sparked something in me and I ended up buying a new SD Gundam Unicorn to build back home.  Surprisingly, Gunpla building is very therapeutic and I’m looking to make up for lost years of not building any of these cool models.  Target seems to have a bunch in good stock, all from the same series “Gundam Breaker Battlogue”, which is itself a Gunpla centered OVA in the vein of Gundam Build Fighters.  There’s a lot to collect and build and I have a list gathered of the 5 I’d like to get to first.  Behold, my Top 5 High Grade Gundam Breaker Battlogue Gunpla I’d Like to Build.
 
#5-ZGMF-X20A-PF Gundam Perfect Strike Freedom
Just because Gundam Seed Destiny got super lazy with the names of their Mobile Suits before it ended doesn’t mean they don’t actually look good.  This is probably the least modified of any of the Gundams on this list really.  Some of the wing attachments are different and a bit fiercer but weapons wise, it still has the combo of those of the original Strike and Freedom Gundams that preceded it.  This is Kira Yamato’s ultimate Gundam presumably perfected and I’d love to build it, if only because those wings would be a fun challenge and they wont be the only ones we’ll see on this list.
 

#4-GNT-0000SDV Gundam 00 Command Qan[T]​
So this one is apparently a custom variant of Setsuna F. Seiei’s 00 QuanT from the Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Movie.  But whereas that Gundam was a machine meant for peace, this one looks like it is armed to the teeth and ready for war.  The green painting gives off vibes of the 00 QuanT’s brother Gundam, the Dynamus and Cheridum that belonged to Setsuna’s fellow Gundam Meister Lockon Stratos.  With a shoulder mounted missile pod and a rifle with a knife, plus whatever’s in that shield, this Gundam lives up to it’s “Command” designation.  Would look good next to a Gunpla like Heavyarms or even those aforementioned Lockon Stratos Gundams.
 

#3-ASW-G-08-4X4 Gundam Barbataurus
Gundam’s that look like Centaurs are nothing odd or new if you’ve watched Iron Blooded Orphans.  The Gundam Barbatos was already a vicious killing machine unlike anything else Gundam had seen til that point in the franchise.  But this, wow this looks like someone resurrected Barbatos and infused it with the power of a true demon.  The vicious red in its design and how sharp it looks (you could probably hurt yourself just touching it), this thing looks like something one of the Four Hoseman fo the Apocalypse would ride, especially with that bow and arrow.  All that said, the design is incredibly unique and would be a very challenging yet rewarding build.
 

#2-XXXG-01L2 Gundam Livelance Heaven
Oh Man, I’ve almost bought this one so many times and it might be next on my list.  Someone took Deathsythe Hell and turned him into one of those Archangels from Bayonetta…and it freaking works.  This Gundam screams heavenly justice decked out in white and golden colors, especially the golden antenna.  Also it looks like the scythe can convert itself into a massive saber, becoming a Heavenly Sword if you would.  This thing just looks flat out amazing, it's like if Deathsythe Hell and Tallgeese III had a baby.  It’s had my eye since I first glimpsed it on the shelf…alright fine, next time I get a chance, this is coming home with me and getting built. 
 

#1-MSB-GH03 Gundam Helios
Earlier this year I collected a set of smaller Gundam Action Figures from the “Infinity Collection.”  Among them was a Gundam I assumed is from Breaker Battlogue called the Artemis and it’s one of my favorite Gundam designs.  The Helios feels like it could be that models next upgrade.  While it does share characteristics of the Gundam Double X and Freedom Gundam, the Helios looks and feels like a wholly original Gundam design that could headline it’s own mainline series (aka a series not centered around Build Fighters, Build Divers or Breaker Battlogue).  I think if I had a chance to see this baby in action, the Helios could break its way into my Top 5 Favorite Gundams list…can it beat the Unicorn though?  Whatever, I wanna build this as much if not more than the Livelance Heaven.




No comments:

Post a Comment