Friday, September 16, 2022

Gundam Anime Corner-Fall 2022 Events Update

Hey everyone.  To say it’s been a hectic year for me would be an understatement.  Between tight finances and the search for a new job after an extended period of time, I’m surprised sometimes I’ve been able to give this blog even a little bit of my all.  I had so many plans in mind for special events that just got kind of pushed to the wayside for now because the stress has been that immense.  BUT that doesn’t mean I don’t have ideas that are either almost ready to go or can be worked on at a later date in time for new launch dates.  So figured I’d drop a little breakdown of what’s coming between October and November beyond the usual batch of new reviews.

 
October-Resident Evil Retrospective
I’ve been doing these little Retrospective Specials for a few years now, looking back over major Anime and Video Game Franchises like Mobile Suit Gundam, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Final Fantasy to name a few.  This year, with the announcement of the long awaited Remake of Resident Evil 4, and the fact that I’ve been spending a lot of time in this universe since the Pandemic, I’ve decided to look at one of my new all time favorite Video Game Franchises.  I’ll be going era by era from the very beginnings of the Resident Evil franchise to where it currently stands.  I’ll also be looking at the Movies and TV Series the games have spawned…and theyre mostly terrible just FYI.  The episode titles I’ve come up with for this 4 Part series I think are pretty clever but I wanna try and come up with a better title than simply “The Resident Evil Retrospective” when I kick this off.  We’ll see what happens.  Also, expect some horror themed Top 5 Wednesdays for the month of October too, including my Top 5 Otakon 2022 Cosplays (cause Halloween and my picks for the Top 5 Resident Evil Games).
 

November-First Impression Fridays Season 7 (Part 2)
I wasn’t planning on continuing First Impression Fridays this year past mid summer.  However, the more I heard and thought about it, October 2022 is going to be such a huge month for Anime premieres.  I’ll talk more about that in a couple of weeks on Top 5 Wednesday but the point is, there’s just too much new good stuff coming to not bring back FIF for a few weeks to look at some of these picks.  I already did a mid September special looking at the Prologue to Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury and there’s no reason I shouldn’t do a look at the shows proper beginning as well.  But there’s also the return of Bleach and Spy X Family and the long awaited debut of Chainsaw Man.  So I’m gonna bust FIF back out for a few weeks to look at these premieres in November before the series takes a break until 2023.  I know that might be a little late out the gate but I didn’t want to overstuff October with Reviews, Top 5s and the Resident Evil Retrospective.  Here’s hoping these debuts all live up to the hype.
 
Not sure if I’m doing anything special for December outside of looking at Tenchi in Tokyo and the Tenchi Trilogy (Tenchi Muyo in Love, Tenchi Muyo: The Daughter of Darkness & Tenchi Muyo in Love 2).  Who knows though, a lot can change in a couple of months.  Anyway, just wanted to give everyone a heads up.  See ya Monday for the first of the two part Live Action FMA Finale, Fullmetal Alchemist-The Final Chapter: The Revenge of Scar, right here at the Gundam Anime Corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment