Thursday, July 9, 2020

Anime Corner-Summer 2020 Updates

Wow, I didn’t think it had been that long since I’ve done one of these updates (at least since the Blogs Anniversary in March).  So, felt it was a little overdue to give you guys an update: forthcoming titles, events and the return of familiar segments.  It’s been a rough year but I’m toughing through it as best I can and working plenty to keep the Anime Corner ready with articles galore at all scheduled times.  Anyway, now that we’ve somehow jumped right into July and the hotter than Hell weather, let’s see what we’ve got coming up in the next couple of months

July
We’re in the busy month now…which isn’t saying much since the last few months have felt about the same in that regard.  It’s time for the next Extended Summer Series: that time when I take a slightly longer series and give it a slightly accelerated review schedule, usually 3 reviews a week.  This year it’s a Toonami classic that sits fondly on the same bench Gundam Wing, Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z.  In Japan theyre known as the Legendary Armor Samurai Troopers.  Here in the States, we know them as Ronin Warriors.  I’ll be checking out all 39 episodes of the TV Series plus the 3 OVA follow ups (Gaiden, Legend of the Inferno Armor and Message).  Usually, this accelerated review schedule is timed with my eventual going to Otakon…but since that’s not happening this year…yeah.  Still, not letting that stop the forthcoming reviews.  And in lieu of lack of Otakon (or summer conventions for that matter), I’ve got a string of Top 5 Wednesdays planned, focusing on the best cosplays of my very first years at Otakon from 2010-2015.  Plus, I may or may not have something to celebrate Otakon seeing as how this would have been my 10th one…if I can get around to it.


August
Since there’s no Otakon, there’s no need to take a week break from reviews.  Originally planned for March of this year, August will see another little grab bag of titles, though all of these have similar tether: theyre all Anime Films based on Video Games.  I’m taking a look at several popular franchises taking the dive into the Anime realm, all with varied success rates.  Halo Legends, Mass Effect: Paragon Lost, Bayonetta: Bloody Fate, Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture and Resident Evil Vendetta are all on deck to take us through the month.  Oh and the next round of First Impression Friday features will start up again around this time for another extended stay through the end of November. 


September
Nothing really extensive about September…yet.  Only major note is the series I’ve got lined up for the month, one I’ve been looking forward to since its announcement.  Well I got to see it earlier this year, reviewed it and penciled it in for this spot.  It’s time to see if Psycho Pass can dig itself out of the hole Psycho Pass 2 tragically dug itself into with Psycho Pass 3. 

And yeah, that about covers everything that’s coming for the next few months.  I’ll reveal some more things about the fall and winter probably once I’ve wrapped up Psycho Pass 3 at the end of September.  Til then, stay cool, stay hydrated, and stay safe everyone.  The Gundam Anime Corner hopes you have the best summer possible.  See ya around.

No comments:

Post a Comment