Wednesday, October 10, 2018

T5W#165-Top 5 Overwatch Halloween 2018 Skins


It’s that time again folks, that time when Overwatch brings some spooky flair to its regular proceedings.  Overwatch Halloween Terror is back and 2018 has brought some of its best treats yet in terms of new skins for characters.  Seeing as how we’re in the month of costumed fun, why not take a look today at the best new costumes of the season (and a few ill desperately hope I get before the end of the season, one is a garuntee already).  These are my Top 5 Overwatch Halloween 2018 Skins.


#5-Jack O’Lantern Wrecking Ball
Ok ill admit this here…I don’t like Wrecking Ball.  It’s Hamtaro in a Death Ball and it does nothing for me, it actually annoys the heck out of me really.  So why is he on this list?  Cause the skin is very creative.  Yes, it’s a Death Pumpkin but it somehow fits more than WB’s regular skins.  Im sure the Green Goblin is jealous a freaking psycho hamster beat him to this one. 


#4-Swamp Monster Doomfist
One of the first new skins revealed for the event, the thought that first came to mind when I saw this was, “Doomfist looks a lot like that guy from Young Justice who was M’Gann’s rebound after Conner dumped her.”  Thankfully Doomfist is more entertaining than “Neptune’s Beard” and im digging the super buff Abe Sapien (from Hellboy)/Creature from the Black Lagoon vibe they gave to him.  Almost surprising they didn’t go with a Thanos/Infinity War look for Halloween, you know Doomfist would be all over the idea of himself having the Infinity Gauntlet and using it to defeat Overwatch in battle.


#3-Enchanted Armor Pharah
The second I saw this skin revealed I cheered.  It’s not so much that Pharah has become a headless flying huntswoman but that the look bears a heavy resemblance to one Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist.  It would make sense wouldn’t it that through some freak accident, Pharah’s soul became bonded to her armor.  Think of the shock one would have thinking she’d been taken down only to see no body in the suit…followed by said bodyless armor unleashing all those Hellfire missiles down upon her enemies.


#2-Banshee Moira
Moira is one of the two characters I “main” in Overwatch (im sure you know who the other is, if not you’ll see her in a second).  Given how she can give and take life away, a Banshee skins is a very nice choice for her.  Able to move and warp around like a phantom ninja (she’s totally Naruto Running), Moira’s always seemed very otherworldly.  I could even see a tragic “what if” Halloween tale of Moira being punished to be in this state for all the crimes she’s committed.


#1-Bride Sombra
Hell yes, both of my mains get new skins for this event.  The Bride of Frankenstein inspired skin for Sombra wasn’t revealed until the launch trailer for the Halloween Terror 2018 event.  And the second I saw it, it became the number one must have on my list.  Not only are new skins rare for Sombra, this one looks like one of her absolute best (I makes me forgive Blizzard for not opening her Demon Hunter skin to those not going to Blizzcon like I thought they would for the event).  Sure her hair isn’t a gigantic black cone but the look is still pretty nice, from the tattered and torn outfit to the greenish/blueish skin.  Sombra is my Overwatch Main and Waifu but even without that, I think she got the best Halloween skin of 2018 in Overwatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment