Friday, November 4, 2016

FIF Special Feature-Second Impression Friday Part 1


Has anyone ever wondered if ive ever kept up with any of the shows ive given my first thoughts on here on this little Friday feature?  Well, for those one or two who have, the month of November will be a good one for you.  All this month, I’ll be going back through the 26 shows that have been featured on First Impression Fridays and giving my follow up reports on them, little ones so don’t expect anything too indepth.  Did I continue these shows or did I drop them?  Some kind of answer themselves but you’ll just have to wait and see since I’ll be doing 4 or 5 shows all throughout November.  And, of course, if I’ve done full series reviews of any of these shows I’ll be sure to link them when they come up.

 

#1-Your Lie In April
I feel kind of bad I never finished this one up.  This was the series that started this whole little venture after all.  A combination of time and a little frustration with the main character caused me to take some time off and I never hopped back on.  I should at some point, this was a feel good show when I wasn’t pulling my hair out wondering why a kid with such an abusive mother would continue her dream to make him a world class pianist.  That and I think someone spoiled the ending for me and didn’t care…yeah, that’s a bit of a let down.

 

#2-Fate/Stay Night
I actually finished this one.  AND I will leave it at that since, I think ive hinted at it or flat out said it once or twice, this series will actually be covered in full in December, my last series of 2016.  It might not have been as good as Unlimited Blade Works, nor does it look as pretty.  But again, I’ll start a more detailed report in a few weeks.  Oh and I might also be doing this as a Christmas present for a friend…so yeah.

 

#3-Glitter Force
Didn’t like it from the get go and never went back, simple as that.  I feel a little bad, knowing some of the voice work involved.  But I couldn’t do another episode, I just couldn’t.  It was just soooooo painful.  I thought I was gonna die…ok I’ll stop being dramatic.

 

#4-Akame Ga Kill
After a couple more episodes, I kind of just stopped Akame Ga Kill.  Even a character as cute as Akane couldn’t keep me interested in a story that felt bland and a cast I couldn’t really bring myself to care about.  The action was pretty cool and it had some humorous moments.  I may go back but im not in a rush to continue this one.

 

#5-Fate Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya
Finished, finished, finished it.  And against all odds, I actually liked it.  Some of the humor was a bit much but Prisma Illya Season 1 was always fun.  Anything with Rin will have my interest but the Cardcaptor Sakura spin and the bad ass Archer Illya, along with a heartfelt tale of two friends finding a deep bond that would change both forever, really struck a cord with me.  And honestly, im surprised there aren’t a -lot of cosplays of these variants of Illya, Miyu and Rin.  If you’re a die hard Fate/Stay fan, then this is one worth checking out.  It might surprise you like it did me.

 

#6-Digimon Adventure Tri
Feel like I should have given this a little more of a chance given how the first movie recently premiered in the states with an English Dub.  Then again, maybe my Digimon days are long past.  I don’t know, I remember these characters and remember caring a lot about them when I saw the series.  Maybe it was just the slowness of the first arc.  Who knows it could get better as it goes on.  There are now three arcs up on Crunchyroll.  So if I ever get the urge to give Digimon Tri another shot, I’ve got a good marathon option ready to go.

That covers the first 6 shows.  Next week, I’ll bring you up to speed on Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans, Little Witch Academia and a couple of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment