Tuesday, June 14, 2016

The Summer of 2016


Hey everyone
Got a bit of a lull period at work right now so figured I’d type up a quick summer itinerary for the blog this summer.  It’s gonna be pretty mecha heavy, even though I know I promised I was gonna try and diversify a bit this year.  So, I’m adding out of the cheesiest romantic Anime comedies to the line up for right after Otakon.

Here’s the quick break down

Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team (Currently ongoing-July)
To celebrate the 15th Anniversary of it’s first airing on Toonami, im looking back at the Gundam I fell in love with right after Gundam Wing.  Those of you who think Gundam is all about Wing…well I’m trying to broaden horizons (though if I got my hands on Wing you’d better believe id review it).  08th MS Team is a bit of a hidden gem amongst the fans and franchise.  There are no Newtypes, only one space battle, and a focus on the everyday joes who serve in the military, fighting just as hard as the crew of the White Base to defeat the Zeons.  I’ll be covering all 12 episodes plus the special Miller’s Report film.  Those of you who are Gundam fans like me will really look forward to this one.

 

Special Independence Day Triple Feature (July 4)
Besides wrapping up 08th MS Team (if I follow the schedule), I’ve been sitting on three certain reviews Ive had no idea where to place.  So I figure, why not just go all out and post these little surprises on a very important day in US history…and trust me I think the films fit the holiday (helluva lot more than Appleseed, which I was debating reviewing instead of 08th MS Team when I was planning months ago).  Wont spoil what the secret reviews will be…but I think you’ll all be pleased.
 
(And no it's got nothing to do with Free, that's just a place holder)

 

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion & Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 (July-Mid August)
Those of you who read my Gundam 00 coverage last summer knew I got a huge kick out of the rapid fire reviews I did of a straight through, 50 episode series watch.  While it’s not as dear to me as Gundam 00, I still think Code Geass is a very fun and very important series.  And it just so happens I was able to fit it all into one concise schedule for reviewing.  Once again, I’ll be doing reviews Monday, Wednesday and Friday starting the week after 08th MS Team and, if ive calculated correctly, much like Gundam 00, the last review will be posted on Wednesday August 10, the day before Otakon 2016.  It’ll be hectic but that’s why I’m watching way in advance so I can have these reviews prepped and still work on regular features like Top 5 Wednesdays and First Impression Fridays.  Am I prepared for all the twists, turns and unnecessary characters?  I’m up to the challenge, just hope you all don’t mind the month and a half of Code Geass spam.

 

Love Hina (Late August-Mid September)
Taking a break from all the mecha, scifi, political action, I’ll be returning to the Hinata Hot Springs for the story of Keitaro, trying desperately to get into Tokyo U, who also happens to be the manager of a hot springs/apartment complex home to five beautiful women…one of whom he made a promise to as a child…and he doesn’t remember them.  Romance, a little bit of action, and some hilarious misunderstandings…it’s probably the most peaceful thing ive ever reviewed on this blog next to My Neighbor Totoro.  Plus it’s got some fun summer scenes, so you can enjoy reviews of beautiful women at the beach as Summer 2016 rolls to a close around then.


Still trying to workout what the Fall might look like (X is definitely on the docket after Love Hina, so’s the third season of Black Lagoon).  But this summer’s going to be a busy one for me with two jobs plus the stuff I want to keep doing here on this blog.  Just hoping I can keep at it and give people a nice distraction from things if they need it.  This is where I come to blow off steam and cool off.  Hope everyone can find some similar comfort at the Gundam Anime Corner.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment