Wednesday, June 1, 2016

T5W#42-Top 5 Favorite Anime Ninjas


In the eternal battle of Ninja’s vs Pirates…I’m gonna have to go with Ninjas (don’t ask where it started, I have no clue blame Naruto and One Piece).  And since I have no idea how the second Michael Bay produced Ninja Turtles movie is going to be (or if im even going to see it) figured id throw out a list of Ninjas who can vanish quickly without trace and spill more blood in a day than anyone can in a whole year.

 

#5-Kakashi (Naruto)
While I’m not a huge Naruto fan, I did read a lot of it when it first came out.  Kakashi stole the show for me more than Naruto, Sasuke or (especially) Sakura ever did.  He was the right mix of wise but with a youthful appearance, a good change from old.  His Sharingan Eye was also a fun trick to pull out when times got rough and it was a sign that all kinds of ass was about to be kicked.  Oh and he has a technique that literally shoves a painful attack up someones butt…even I have to admit that’s actually pretty funny.

 

#4-Soi Fon (Bleach)
I’ll admit, it took me a while to warm up to Soi Fon.  Her attitude never sat well with me, no matter how cute she was.  It was through a good friend that I took more of an interest in her at later times.  And wow was I right to give her another chance.  Soi Fon kicks ass, pure and simple and she can rock a cute ninja outfit much like her mentor.  Plus her Zanpakuto can tattoo you in bullseye butterfly tattoos that will kill you if the same spot is struck twice.  Oh and if she doesn’t want to play it quiet?  Well, Soi Fon’s bankai is a rocket launcher.  Boom Baby. 

 

#3-Yoruichi (Bleach)
Speaking of mentors, while it took me a while to warm up to Soi Fon, I have always enjoyed Yoruichi, the dark skinned goddess of Ninjitsu.  From her teasing to her flash step movements, Yoruichi can move like a ninja and strike like a hurricane.  Plus I love how laid back she is.  Mentoring Soi Fon, she always had a fun side to her.  Best yet, she willing to explain situations even when naked.  Ichigo may be uncomfortable but most guys wouldn’t be.  And if you said anything was wrong with Yoruichi’s good looks…she’d probably kill ya, so hush.

 

#2-Kagero (Ninja Scroll)
Whenever I hear the word “ninja” I immediately think of Ninja Scroll.  What’s funny is that lead character Jubei isn’t even a ninja…he’s a Ronin, a masterless Samurai.  The REAL Ninja in action is Kagero.  As capable with a blade as she is in seducing with that criminally short skirt (no complaints at all there), Kagero saved Jubei’s life just as…well almost as much as he saved her own.  Plus she could kill you with a kiss as well as a sword…there are worse ways to go out I guess.

 

#1-Aoshi (Rurouni Kenshin)
Most don’t realize that Aoshi is a ninja as it sort of rarely comes up.  But he is.  He’s the head of the Kyoto based Oniwanbashu and the ultimate duel wielding bad ass stalker of the night.  With his dual Kodachi, Aoshi was even able to give the likes of Kenshin and Shishio a run for their money at times.  And while Aoshi may have lost his way a little bit, his road to redemption, and becoming one of Kenshin’s greatest allies, makes him all the more endearing to me.  Aoshi could have just been another big bad that could have been written off.  But thankfully, he and his Kodachi Nito Ryu will always be there to be the Batman of Kyoto.  And yeah I know the pic above is from the manga but it is easily Aoshi's best pose ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment