Greetings. Been a
minute since I’ve done one of these but this summer has been a tumultuous
slough to get through (and honestly Fall isnt looking to get any easier). Still, when I have some free time and I’m not
gaming or sleeping, I’m chugging away at new ideas and plans for the remainder
of 2026 and 2027 for the Anime Corner.
The rest of this year is pretty much locked in save for maybe Halloween
but I’ve still got a month to clear that hurdle with anything special. Speaking of which, here’s what we’ve got
coming up for October and November 2026 over at the Gundam Anime Corner.
So back in August I did reviews of the Mortal Kombat
Legends series and that came about because after I made plans for October
for Street Fighter cause of the new movie…I kicked myself cause I could have
reviews the MK movies in May in time for Mortal Kombat II and moved the
lackluster Lazarus to a later date.
Anyway STREET FIGHTER!!!! The previews for the new movie look
great and I fully plan on reviewing it after I see it. So figured why not just give October to
Street Fighter fully with reviews of Street Fighter (1994), Street
Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li and Street Fighter IV: The Ties that Bind. Also be on the look out for a First
Impression Friday checking out the random American Street Fighter Animated
Series most people probably don’t remember (and for good reason, even I forgot
it existed). Like I said, still trying
to figure out an actual Halloween review so stay tuned and prepare to be
surprised (as in when I post it, you’ll know lol)
November-Godzilla Month Returns
It’s become tradition since 2023 to do some Godzilla
reviews for the blog and this year is no different. However, this year, Godzilla’s bringing a pal
over to the Anime Corner along with him: Gamera. Yes, Godzilla’s giant turtle cousin makes
landfall with the King of the Monsters for Godzilla Month V: Godzilla X
Gamera. We’re splitting the
difference down the middle with three films each for Gamera and Godzilla. For Gamera, we’ll be looking at the Hesei
Trilogy of the 90s: Gamera: Guardian of the Universe; Gamera 2:
Attack of the Legion; and Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris. For Godzilla, we’ve got Godzilla vs.
Mechagodzilla II; Destroy All Monsters; and you really didn’t think
I was gonna do another Godzilla month and totally ignore a little movie coming
out in November everyones been waiting 3 years for did you? Yep, we close out the month with Godzilla
Minus Zero. Two Guardians, Six
Movies, one epic month of Kaiju awesomeness.
And that about covers it for now. Think the only minor note is First Impression
Friday will wrap up it’s latest season at the end of November but that’s about
it for the time being til Christmas.
That said, I’ll see ya Next Monday for the Jean Claude Van Damme comedy
classic action masterpiece, Street Fighter (1994) right here at the
Gundam Anime Corner.







Street Fighter sounds good, but uber hyped for Godzilla Month's return along with the Heisei Gamera movies! I shall have many thoughts!
ReplyDelete