Friday, December 23, 2022

Closing Out 2022

Hey everyone.  I realized I never got around to posting an upcoming features update for the end of the year and that’s all on me.  Life’s gotten pretty busy and hectic and stressful in the last couple of months for me.  I am three months into a new job which is great but I’m also trying to sort out some stress and anxiety I’ve been dealing with for the bulk of the year.  Anime watch time has kind of dropped and all I’ve been able to really dedicate time to are the weekly Anime I watch like My Hero Academia, Spy X Family and Gundam.  That said, while that may be the case for now, once upon a time I had a job and still found time to watch a ton of Anime in my downtime for this blog and 2023 is going to be about getting back to that balance and working on some major plans for the Anime Corner’s 10th Anniversary.  BUT all of that is a talk for the start of the New Year.  For now, how about we go over what lies in store for the last few days of 2022 cause it’s gonna be busy.
 
Year of Tenchi Finale
The big event of the next few days is going to be bringing the Year of Tenchi Muyo to a close.  Monday kicks off the two part finale of Tenchi in Tokyo.  While I was only going to cover the Tenchi series that aired on Toonami in the Early 2000’s, I adding one more extra bonus since I have three other days in the week to cover.  This means I’ll be look at the three Tenchi Muyo theatrical films back to back: Tenchi Muyo in Love, Tenchi Muyo: The Daughter of Darkness and Tenchi Muyo in Love 2, or as I like to refer to it as, the Tenchi Trilogy.  It’s a full straight week of Tenchi reviews Monday through Friday but that wont just be it for 2022, more on that in a second.
 

Christmas Goodies
I usually like to do some kind of bonus feature or review for Christmas, kind of as an added gift for myself and readers.  This year, I have both.  First up is something I’ve had in the works for a while but have been debating whether or not I had time to get it written before the end of the year.  Turns out, Gundam’s other successful Mecha cousin celebrated it’s 40th Anniversary this year.  Sounds like a good enough time to take a little look at the history of the Macross Franchise, looking back at its humble 80s beginnings and seeing where things stand now with the series that’s always living up to its advertisement of being the “Top Gun of Anime”.  After that (or before who knows in what order i’ll post), I’ll be posting a special Christmas review of an Anime Christmas classic from Director Sotoshi Kon.  If you thought they guy was only capable of pulling off stellar psychological thrillers like Perfect Blue, wait til you check out Tokyo Godfathers aka a surprisingly feel good peice of Christmas Cheer.
 

Kakegurui Twin Closes and Opens the Year
So I wrote my reviews for Kakegurui Twin way back when the series aired on Netflix this summer and planned on posting those back in September.  But then the Fullmetal Alchemist Sequels dropped and I opted to postpone Twin til a later date.  At one point I was considering just holding off on posting until 2023 and then I realized…I can try something different this year.  Since Kakegurui Twin is only 6 episodes (I’ll complain about that, trust me), that means we’re looking at a two part reviews, reviews that I can post at the end of 2022…and the beginning of 2023.  That’s right, in a first for the Gundam Anime Corner, I’ll be posting Part 1 of Kakegurui Twin on December 31, 2022 and Part 2 on January 1, 2023.  Sounds like fun to me.
 
And yeah, that’s what’s planned for 2022.  Like I said, I’ll talk about some 2023 plans when we get to January 1 next week.  Til then, hope everyone is having a safe and happy holiday and I’ll see you for all the reviews and then some over at the Gundam Anime Corner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment