Tuesday, March 3, 2020

The March to Year 7

Hey Everyone.  Hope you’re all having a good day.  Well we’ve made it to March after going through February at Warp Speed and now we’re officially in the countdown to the 6th Birthday of the Gundam Anime Corner.  I usually try to make something of a big deal out it at the one month mark.  So, here’s the breakdown of what’s on the way.

Monday-Reviews
Our last full series to be covered in Year 6 is Carole and Tuesday, which funny enough kicked off today…a Tuesday.  We’ll be running through this latest Anime masterpiece from Cowboy Bebop director Shinichiro Watanabe right til the end of the month.  Interspersed throughout will be a couple of bonus reviews of movies.  We already had My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising kick off the month PLUS ULTRA!!! But also look for a review of Katsuhiro Otomo’s Anime directorial follow up to Akira, Steamboy, around the end of the month.  Actually, since I’ll be continuing my MC duties for The Senator Theatre’s Anime Night, you can expect reviews from whatever I see from them the day after (so Wednesdays)…unless I’ve already reviewed it a long time ago, in which case just keep an eye out on my Instagram (@arschelgundam87) for updates.


Wednesday-Top 5 Wednesday Special Even: Team Four Star/DBZA Celebration
Every once in a while, I tend to dedicate several weeks to related Top 5 lists.  This month, to commemorate the end of Dragon Ball Z Abridged and celebrate Team Four Stars flagship work, I’ll be doing 4 Top 5 lists dedicated to my favorite moments from the core series, the movies and the TV Specials/OVAs.  Not sure what my 4th and final list in this set will be but ill get in narrowed down before the end of the month.  I adore Dragon Ball Z Abridged and sometimes think of it as the best dub of DBZ ever.  This is my chance to give back.  Hope you enjoy what I have to say about them.


Friday-From Losers to Glory: A Gundam Wing Special
 

First Impression Fridays will be taking a break til around August or so.  In the meantime, I have a couple of new special features ready to take its slot.  Originally, this month was going to be my Final Fantasy Friday Retrospective…BUUUUUUT then SquareEnix decided to push Final Fantasy VII Remake (aka the reason im doing this retrospective in the first place) back by a month.  So…I rolled with it.  Beginning this Friday, I’ll be doing a special comparison between Anime and Manga, the first time I’ve ever done this for the blog.  We’ll be looking at the newly-ish released Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz-Glory for the Losers, and seeing what kind of changes it makes to the original Gundam Wing Anime.  The Final Fantasy Retrospective is still coming in April.  That means that From Losers to Glory will break in April and resume in May and run until about July just before my Extended Series Review kicks off.

Wow, busier than I thought it was going to be and it will probably only get busier.  This’ll take us right to March 31, 2020 and the official 6TH BIRTHDAY OF THE GUNDAM ANIME CORNER!!! And man…do I have the one title no one probably expected for just such an occasion…though in retrospective probs should have saved My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising for the anniversary instead.  Eh, live and learn.

The March to the End of Year 6 has begun.  Enjoy the ride everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment