Friday, March 13, 2020

The Gundam Anime Corner-A Safe Space For All


I usually try to keep real world matters away from blog posts.  I think the only other time I might’ve alluded to that kind of stuff was back in 2016 during another time of great uncertainty.  Here, today though, im making an exception because the last couple of days have been difficult to say the least.  There’s a ton of really scared people out there and I’m equal parts scared, worried and just plain ashamed by how everyone is going right to paranoia and hysteria caused by the Caronavirus outbreak.
It saddens me 2020 has taken such a dismal turn and there are times I feel like we might lose a full on year over this event…but not here…not on this blog. 
This blog has always been a place for me to come to for peace, for venting, for inspiration.  And I want to continue to make this a safe space for all too.  When the news of new cancellations and lockdowns comes up, I want people to be able to come to the Gundam Anime Corner for even a few seconds to check out an article, a Top 5, a rant, whatever, just to let them know that the world isn’t ending.  This is an Anime safe space and I’m going to continue to deliver reviews galore althroughout the year and beyond not because I want too (though I really do) but because I want to do some part in making somones twitter, Instagram of Facebook feed more than just a sad string of bad news.  And if that means I need to accelerate some reviews so that something goes up maybe everyday (it’s possible, the next two shows I have planned have been reviewed well in advance).  So be it. 
It’s…well it’s a time for all of us.  But at least here at the Gundam Anime Corner, maybe it can be a little bit of a good for anyone who needs a break or the power of Anime to brighten their day.  Welcome to the Gundam Anime Corner, and remember, “A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended”

No comments:

Post a Comment