Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Welcome to the Gundam Anime Corner 2020


So…huh, we’ve crossed into a whole new decade.  2020.  Back to back 20’s…as I let that new notion sink in, let me introduce myself.  My name is Arschel (aka Gundam) and this is my little sliver of universe known as the Gundam Anime Corner.  Started back in 2014 (on another platform before coming here a year later) this whole endeavor began as a way for me to keep myself writing every week and keep the creative juices flowing for short story writing.  Short story writing went pretty much nowhere but I consistently kept up with Anime reviews from week to week and have continued to do so for almost 6 years now.  There’s been experiments and expansions but what you see here and will see going forward is the Gundam Anime Corner in its natural state.  Let’s break things down a bit:

Monday-Reviews
Every month (or so) I pick a new series or series of interconnected films to look over.  Every week you’ll get a review of 4-6 episodes worth of content or one whole feature film, it depends but I try to keep it as varied as I can.  Originally, I started reviews based on what I had on my own shelf at home.  But 6 years later I’ve almost run through that entire gauntlet.  So ive started branching out and reviewing whats on streaming services to broaden my horizons, which means there’s a chance I might review something a bit more recent like Kakegurui or a new Fate series.  Sometimes reviews can be…eh.  Sometimes they contain the most heartfelt things I can ever say about an Anime.  And on occasion they can turn into hilarious rants.  Whatever your poison, I hope you like the selection and what I have to say about the titles of this wide world of Anime

Wednesday-Top 5 Wednesday
This is where I drop some knowledge about myself or something random in the world of Anime, Video Games or occasionally film…sometimes a mix of all three. It just happens to be whatever is on my mind and my Top 5 (or sometimes 10) thoughts on the subject.  Honestly the title kind of speaks for itself lol.

Friday-First Impression Friday
The idea for this first dawned at Katsucon 2016 when I saw the first couple episodes of Your Lie in April.  It wasn’t enough for a regular review but the footage I saw was enough to give an initial impression on the title.  And that following spring FIF was born.  Here, I look at the first one or two episodes of a title and give preliminary thoughts on whether or not I think they might be worth watching or not.  I know a lot of Anime fans have a “rule of three” when it comes to testing the waters of a series…but I like my way a bit better even if it is just me scaling back work to do lol.  FIF will continue into January and up through March for the blogs 6th Anniversary.  Usually I break FIF seasons into two halves over the course of a year.  So if it takes a break in Spring it will return late summer.

Now that you’ve gotten to know my blogs main features, why don’t we take a look at the forthcoming schedule for January-March 2020


January
Yui, Ritsu, Mio, Mugi and Azusa. After School Tea Time is back for another school year of fond memories and jamming tunes in K ON!! (with 2 exclamation points so you know it’s Season 2…that’s not a creative choice on my part that’s how it’s actually presented).  I can finally check out the second season of this series after literally YEARS of not being able to do so.  This one will take up the whole month of January and the first couple weeks of February.


February
 

Once Season 2 is finished, it’s only logical that (if its available), the K ON Movie should be reviewed right?  Well that’s the plan and I intend to get that posted the day before Katsucon 2020.  After I come back from Katsu (which will mean a week off for review), we return to the last week of February for what should have been a no brainer review a long time ago.  Since February is also Black History Month, why not review a pair of Anime with a bad ass black protagonist voiced by Samuel L. Jackson himself?  Yep it’s the Afro Samurai OVA and it’s sequel movie-Afro Samurai: Resurrection.  Get ready for all kinds of cool.


March
The road to the 6th Anniversary of the Gundam Anime Corner is on.  Originally I was going to do a slew of Video Game related Anime films but they’ve been pushed to later in the year in favor of checking out Shinichiro Watanabe’s latest Anime masterpiece, Carole and Tuesday.  And since March 3 heralds the long awaited arrival of Final Fantasy VII Remake on PS4, it only feels right I review something Final Fantasy related on that very release day.  It took forever to track down but I found it, the long lost OVA Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals.  All of this leads to the Special 6th Anniversary Review which I’ll keep secret until March 31, the Gundam Anime Corner’s Birthday…and let me tell you, it’s gonna be a shocker.

All this and more is coming and I hope you’ll enjoy your stay here at the Gundam Anime Corner.  Even if you’ve only stopped by for a glimpse…thanks, it’ll always mean the world to me.  Buckle up and here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment