Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Anime Corner-Spring 2020 Change of Plans (sort of)


Hey everyone.  So this isn’t too drastic an announcement (since I’ve only just kind of talked about one of these in passing and haven’t mentioned the other yet), but let me start at the beginning.  Late last year, I decided to do a Final Fantasy Retrospective that would cover the history of the Final Fantasy Franchise from it’s humble beginnings til now.  My target date for this was March 2020, the same month Final Fantasy VII Remake was supposed to come out…note that last bit.  Well today, Square announced that it was pushing back Remake to April 10, 2020, a whole month, in order to smooth things out and make this the greatest video game ever made.  This kind of screws up a time table I had in mind and only just recently finalized.  However, part of the fun in running this little blog is playing with schedules and seeing where things go, like a fun little puzzle.

SO Where am I going with this?  Let me get to that.  The Final Fantasy Friday Retrospective is still happening…it’ll just happen in April.  In addition, my original 4 part approach is shifting too.  I was going to split the NES and SNES eras of the early FF days but am now merging them into one part.  So we’ll be covering three distinct time periods for the franchise: The Nintendo Era (1987-1994); the Playstation Era (1997-2006); and the Current/Multiplatform Era (2009-Present).  In addition, I’m still planning to review the Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals Anime and I still plan to post said review on the new release date of Final Fantasy VII Remake (April 10, 2020). 

So, just to clarify, here are the Final Fantasy Friday Retrospective coverage dates:
April 3, 2020-Nintendo Era (1987-1994)
April 10, 2020-Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals
April 17, 2020-Playstation Era (1997-2006)
April 24, 2020-Present Era (2009-Present)
BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE!!!  Last year, I steadily acquired and read each volume of the newest Gundam Wing manga: Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz-Glory for the Losers.  As I read each chapter, I began noting the differences between the original Anime and this new Manga retelling (changes in events, Mobile Suit models, character plotlines, etc).  And I figured…why not share these findings with my readers and give this blog something Gundam related to chew on for a bit.  My plan WAS to launch this 14 part feature right after the Final Fantasy Friday Retrospective…but Remake changed release dates and the retrospective is moving with it.  So, I’m going to split my as yet Untitled Gundam Wing Manga/Anime Comparison a bit.  The first 4 volumes will be covered in March 2020 before the FF Retrospective takes over in April, and then Gundam Wing will return in May 2020 and run through until its target complete point at the beginning of July 2020. 
Needless to say, both of these new features will be taking over First Impression Fridays slot for these few months.  I usually take a break on FIF to try and catch new titles for this feature anyway, so it all works out.  After Gundam Wing is done, we enter my Extended Series Review (which ill announce cloer to the date) and I keep Fridays clear for that.  So FIF will return once all of this is done in August 2020…crap or maybe even September cause I’ve got something else I want to try and see completed during the summer too…hmmm need to think on that a bit more (yes I know im being cryptic, I apologize).

WHEW…that was a lot to cover but I felt I needed to do so.  Cause changes and all aside, I’m excited to be working on new content like this for my blog.  And I hope you’ll enjoy everything as well.  See ya around everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment