Wednesday, February 28, 2018

T5W#133-Top 6 Favorite Pokemon

“I wanna be the very best like no one ever was. To catch them all is my real test. To train them is my cause.  I will travel across the land, searching far and wide.  Teach Pokemon to understand the power that's inside! Pokemon, (gotta catch them all) its you and me. I know its my destiny. Pokemon, oh, you're my best friend in a world we must defend. Pokemon, (gotta catch them all) a heart so true.
 Our courage will pull us through. You teach me and I'll teach you (Po-ke-mon) Gotta catch 'em all, Gotta catch ‘em all, POKEMON!!!”
 
Yeah…not much more to say after that legendary intro.  Pokemon Day was yesterday so today’s Top 5 is a Top 6 dedicated to my Favorite Pokemon.  Why 6 instead of 5?  Simple, cause (unless somethings changed during an iteration), it’s the limit of Pokemon one can carry at a time.  I’m also not talking about a balanced team.  Nope, these are the ones that are the coolest, the cutest and the ones I would carry into battle anytime against any Gym Leader.  Onto the list, IT’S TIME TO DUEL…wait…

 
#6-Hitmonlee
When it comes to martial arts, I guess I’ve always been a fan of the kick attacks, idk guess I think theyre more unique than a simple punch.  Hitmonlee is a Pokemon dedicated to kicks of all kinds, all styles.  He does have some creepy eyes, for sure but his name also channels the spirit of another legendary warrior, easy to guess. 
 

#5-Litten
This little guy is a recent addition to the grand Pokemon mythos and MY GOD IS HE ADORABLE!!!  I know it’s probably wise to choose a water type as your starter Pokemon no matter what cause it’s likely the first gym leader is a rock trainer and water can kick the crap out of rock.  But id take a chance on little Litten.  His evolutions look pretty fierce so id be careful to train him.  I want him to be powerful but still remain cute…maybe I could just keep him as a pet?


#4-Lugia
Team Mystic, Team Valor, Team Instinct.  Me?  I’m Team Lugia.  If those three legendary birds (Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres) ever got into an argument, this big guy is the one youd call to settle the dispute.  Lugia is the reason I wanted to play Pokemon Silver more than Gold.  Sure Ho-Oh is the one Ash saw in the first episode, so he’d be a good catch.  Lugia will always be more special though, especially seeing him kick ass in the second Pokemon movie.
 

#3-Pikachu
The eternal Pokemon mascot no matter how many new ones they churn out every few years.  Pikachu was so beloved he even got a game where he was your main Pokemon, very much like he was for Ash in the TV Show.  He can go toe to toe with the best of them and still look so gosh darn huggable (when he wants to be hugged).  Plus Ash must be doing something right, training Pikachu for over two decades and he’s never evolved.  Pikachu is the best example of great power in a tiny adorable package.

 
#2-Mewtwo
Every single one of the first generation Pokemon on a list of 151 was building up to this guy.  At #150 (interesting considering he’s a clone of Mew, aka #151), Mewtwo stands as one of the most powerful Pokemon of all time.  He’s a psychic powerhouse who will decimate all right after you catch him and add him to your roster.  And man did I have some fun day dreams about him maybe taking on the likes of Goku in a battle one day (don’t tell me you never thought about it either).

 
#1-Scyther
A bug Pokemon with sharp wings that can cut through anything.  Mewtwo may be the more powerful but Scyther always had the coolest design to me.  It was a little disappointing to know he couldn’t really fly, like his initial picture suggested (maybe the ended up changing that, I don’t know).  But still, it was fun to use him in battle to dance around enemies before coming in for the slice and dice finish.  At the end of the day though, Scyther takes my #1 spot simply because he just looks cool.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment