Friday, August 21, 2015

AMV Friday #2-Akira: Fury Road

Video: Akira
Audio: Mad Max: Fury Road Trailer 1

(The following video is a fan based production.  All titles are property of their respective owners, please support the official release.)

Was planning on showing another one of my oldies but I was so happy with how this one turned out I had to share it for the next AMV Friday.  So I had been in a bit of an AMV slump for…well longer than I want to admit.  But that doesn’t mean that inspiration wasn’t floating around.  Not only is Mad Max: Fury Road still my #1 movie of the year but the trailers have been some of the best put together in a long time.  I wanted to do something with them but had no candidates.  That is until I stumbled across Akira again thanks to a podcast I listen to.  Then the images started to click together: The road warriors, the chaos, the world of “fire and blood” that Kaneda and Tetsuo inhabit.  Didn’t want to show off any real bloody scenes cause I wanted to make a general green band trailer but still think I got the important bits down.  Had a lot of fun on this one and cant help but giggle “Oh what a day, WHAT A LOVELY DAY” as I spliced it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment