Friday, March 31, 2023

The Gundam Anime Corner 9th Anniversary

Welcome, Welcome Dear Readers. On this day 9 years ago, March 31, 2014, I started a little side project that isn’t so little anymore, now is it. What began as a way to keep myself more active in writing short stories took a very different turn and now this has become something I’ve focused on far more than those. Reviews, Top 5 Lists, First Impressions, Convention Reports, Manga Comparisons. I’ve built the Gundam Anime Corner up as much as possible for nearly a decade now. Thank God I have a ton of material written in advance because man burn out is real and it’s not fun to feel your passion suffer because of it. Still, this blog is my baby and I’m proud of the progress it’s made so far and I cannot wait to share what comes next as we begin the long journey to the Anime Corners 10th Anniversary. I’m not sure how many people I have as active readers but those who I do know are reading, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. While this is a very therapeutic escape for me, it means alot to know my words are entertaining, encouraging or enlightening someone’s day and I don’t plan on stopping that anytime soon. In fact, as has become Anniversary tradition, let’s look at what’s coming with the start of Year 10 of the Gundam Anime Corner
 
Reviews
There’s alot planned for the 2023-2024 review season, some of it carrying over from last year. After some careful thinking (and a lucky buy at Katsucon, I’m kicking off Year 10 with a look at a certain Toonami Mecha detective classic, I’m talking about THE BIG O!!!! Yep Anime Bruce Wayne and his trust Giant Robot are on the case and we’ll be looking at both the legendary First Season that aired on Toonami as well as the Adult Swim Exclusive Second Season, THE BIG O II. And since I’ll have some extra slots open at the end of the month (we’re still doing 2 reviews a week Monday and Friday) I’ve got two special movies lined up. First up is the Anime musical Belle from the director of Summer Wars. And at long freaking last, I’ll finally be getting to Makoto Shinkais latest magnum opus, Suzume (kind of wanted it to be todays Anniversary review but it doesn’t start it’s US run til mid April). After that, we check into May and continue the Year of Sailor Moon with Season 3 aka Sailor Moon S. Plus you won’t have to wait a month for the follow up movie cause I’ll be looking at Sailor Moon S: The Movie aka Hearts in Ice right after that.

 
Top 5 Wednesday
These little random choice lists will continue as usual but it’s worth mentioning that in a couple of weeks I’ll hit a major milestone: my 400th Top 5 Wednesday…frak me
 

A Brand New Weekly Feature
Now here’s what I’ve been looking forward to announcing for over a month now.  It’s kind of ironic that First Impression Friday will be on hiatus until August 2023 and yet this newest feature like FIF was partly inspired by a trip to Katsucon. As you may or may not know, I’ve been plunging head first into the Gunpla Builder waters and have amassed a sizeable collection. Well seeing as how this blog is named after Gundam and I am a near life long Gundam fan, maybe it’s time I start talking about some of these awesome builds. Dear Readers I’m proud to announce the debut of GUNPLA BUILDER THURSDAY!!!!!! 
In each of these forthcoming 13 episodes I’ll be discussing the Anime history of a particular Mecha followed by my personal experience building the Gunpla in question and assigning a personal rating on it. I’ve been enjoying working on writing these as much as I have been building Gunpla and I can’t wait to finally unleash this on the blog.
 
And yeah those are the big announcements and plans for now through the end of May. Thank you so much again for helping me make this blog the success it has become for me and I look forward to entertaining you into 2024 as my blog heads full steam towards its 10th birthday. Til then, enjoy my 9th Anniversary Review of Free: The Final Stroke (Part1&2) and I’ll see ya Monday for the start of The Big O right here at the Gundam Anime Corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment