Wednesday, March 31, 2021

The Gundam Anime Corner 7th Anniversary

March 31, 2014-It began as a simple exercise: pick an Anime Collection from my shelf; review a disc full of episodes every week until it was done; once it was done, choose another; wash, rinse, repeat.  Fast forward 7 years later.  Up to this point I have reviewed 70 TV Series, 170 Films (damn), 33 OVAs and 8 ONAs.  I’ve gone far beyond my own personal stash of Anime and expanded to whatever I can find on streaming services, YouTube, wherever I can track a title down.  Why go the extra length?  Because this is my blog and I love it as much as I love Anime and that love is the reason this blog exists at all.  I’ve revisited old favorites, gotten second opinions on others and found a bunch of new titles to fall in love with.  And even though I name this blog after my favorite Anime franchise of all time, this blog is more than just about Gundam, though I have finally been able to see more of it than ever before over the last few years.  The Gundam Anime Corner is a place to find Anime titles old and new, classic and cringe, where you can agree or disagree to your hearts content.  It’s a place to have fun, to get away from the world for a few minutes if you don’t mind listening to my ramblings and lists.  This blog has become a love letter to not just my own fandom, but Anime in general and I cannot wait to share what I have in store for the next year of its existence.  Actually…how about a sneak peak, eh

April

While there may be a small surprise review coming on Thursday, the real deal of the first month of Gundam Anime Corner Year 8 is going to be another Gundam extravaganza.  This time, we’re heading into the very first alternate reality Gundam universe, where we ditched the Newtypes and Zeon for tight spandex and Kung Fu Fighting Robots.  That’s right, it’s Mobile Fighter G Gundam, and it’s kicking off with a back to back two day premiere this Thursday and Friday before we resume the usual Monday and Friday review schedule, which is gonna continue til at least <id 2021.  And if you think G Gundam is all the Gundam I have planned for this year…boy are you in for a surprise.

 

May-July

G Gundam and all of its wacky, alternate universe hijinks isn’t a bad way to lead into a summer surrounding the studio that’s all about wacky hijinks.  May kicks off my big event known as “The Summer of Trigger”.  We’ll be taking a look at 4 major works of Studio Trigger and the legacy they’ve been building since the 2010’s.  We’ll be going in chronological order, beginning with their breakout debut with Kill La Kill in May.  Next, we pay a visit to the more magical side of the Anime world with the TV Series version of one of Trigger’s most beloved tales, Little Witch Academia: The Series.  On the TV Show front we’ll wrap things up in mid June with a title I’ve been looking forward to ripping a new one for a long time now.  And trust me, when it comes to Darling in the Franxx I will not be holding back on this trainwreck.  Our Trigger odyssey will wrap on July 4th with their magmum theatrical thrill ride Promare before we get to our Extended Summer Series for the year…more Gundam perhaps? I’ll let you know closer.

Hope this has piqued interest but right now, from the bottom of my heart, I want to thank everyone who’s been a regular reader or just stopped by for a second to see what this page is all about.  7 years is a long time to dedicate to a single project and I’m hoping for many more years of Anime Reviews, Top 5 Lists and new discoveries and insights I can share as a life long Anime fan still going strong.  Thank you guys…and welcome back, dear readers new and old, to the Gundam Anime Corner…enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment