Wednesday, November 18, 2020

T5W#275-Top 5 Games I’m Considering for my Twitch Channel (ArschelGundam87)

Back in September I began experimenting with Twitch streaming on my Xbox.  What began as another late night insomnia project has become kind of an extension of the Gundam Anime Corner…kind of.  I’ve finally settled on a name for this Twitch page-ArschelGundam: Games and Winging It…cause I really have no idea what the heck I’m really doing besides yammering while playing video games.  Still, it’s an interesting enough experience I’m gonna keep it going.  So, I’ll need some games to play, the more Anime related the better but I wont be picky.  One thing I have come to learn is that some games cant be broadcasted on Twitch for whatever reason.  Hence my plan to stream the Zone of the Enders HD Collection got ruined pretty quickly.  Still, there are thousands of other choices to choose and experiment with so why not list a few ideas ive had.  These are the Top 5 Games I’m Considering for my Twitch Channel (ArschelGundam87).  These games will more than likely be longer projects and separate from my regular Friday streams where I try something either A. Simple or B. Multiplayer heavy like Overwatch.

#5-Any Final Fantasy Game

This is at the bottom of the list because A. if I couldn’t stream Zone of the Enders I feel that Final Fantasy might be blockable too and B. these games are serious time commitments.  No matter which Final Fantasy you tackle, be it a main number entry, an MMO (huh if you can stream XIV with no problem I might be ok) or a spin off, these games are long as heck.  Still, any Final Fantasy is as close to playing a full length Anime series as it gets (besides Persona, Chrono Trigger…ok there are a bunch of other examples).  And I have titles that I’ve never played before like Final Fantasy IX or ones I never finished like Final Fantasy VIII.  Let me mull it over, this might be something I come back to in 2021.

 

#4-Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (or COD4: Remastered)

I was pretty bummed out when I couldn’t stream Zone of the Enders.  Still, Friday, my regular stream day, came along and I wanted to press on.  At first I thought about starting Devil May Cry 4, then I realized that last Friday Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War came out…so why not play some COD to celebrate.  I ended up playing the Remastered campaign of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and loved it.  So why not continue the saga OR go back to the beginning.  Both COD4 and Modern Warfare 3 are backwards compatible with Xbox One so I might end up doing MW3 next.  There’s also the chance I could get the stand alone Remaster of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and I bet that game looks incredible.  Time will tell but Call of Duty will be returning to my Twitch page, count on it.

 

#3-Devil May Cry V (Possibly the Special Edition)

While I have had to cancel my playthrough of Zone of the Enders, I am still committed to jumping into Devil May Cry 4 (if I haven’t started already by the time this has been posted.)  So why not consider a playthrough of the masterpiece that is Devil May Cry V again?  DMCV is one of the most epic games you’ll ever play with a wild assortment of weapons, powers and bad ass heroes in possession of both those qualities plus the natural ability to spout one liners.  I believe there’s a chance I can even get the Special Edition upgrades without having to purchase the full DMCV: Special Edition itself.  Which means…I might just forgo the main story and just play as Vergil (unless his story segments are merged into the main plot like the others, worth looking into).

 

#2-Halo 2

Ever since I started streaming, one of the first games I tackled was Halo.  This is my favorite First Person Shooter franchise of all time and has been since college.  I’ve taken some Fridays to show off the multiplayer of the Master Chief Collection.  But I’ve always wanted to do a full campaign.  Naturally I could just go in order from Halo: Combat Evolved thru Halo 4.  I’m singling out Halo 2 because that was where I started playing Halo and despite its rep, it’s a personal favorite of mine.  I’m seriously considering maybe doing a full Halo 2 playthrough in and around Thanksgiving cause I know I’ll have time to kill, more than usual.  So yeah…keep an eye on this one.

 

#1-Mass Effect: Andromeda

Speaking of Final Fantasy length time commitments: Mass Effect.  You might be asking why I’m putting Andromeda on this list and not any of the original trilogy.  Simply put, part of me has wanted to try the black sheep of the franchise again and see what I could do differently.  I doubt it would raise my opinion of it but for content purposes I could give it a few hours.  There’s also the big announcement that the original trilogy is getting the HD Remastered treatment in Spring 2021…so why not hold off on streaming that until it comes out.  You better freaking believe that’s happening.  Kind of like Halo 2, I’m nearing penciling in Andromeda for a set time period, maybe December?  We’ll see.

BTW you’ll find all of this right here at this link: www.twitch.com/arschelgundam87

 

No comments:

Post a Comment