Wednesday, October 28, 2020

T5W#272-Top 5 Katsucon 2020 Cosplays (Part 2)

During any normal year, I attend anywhere from 2-4 conventions.  There’s always Otakon and Katsucon and a couple of smaller cons too if I can squeeze them in.  Usually, I try to save all the cosplay themed Top 5 lists for October because it’s the universal month for costumes and what not.  However, this is not a normal year by any means.  So four straight weeks of cosplay themed Top 5s is kind of impossible…well maybe not, I just wasn’t thinking much about it considering what kind of a year its been.  Still, there’s no reason I cant do another look at the only con I got to go to this year, Katsucon (that’s a lie, I went Animore too).  Considering I see hundreds of cosplays everytime I go to Katsu, I could do like a Top 20 if I wanted.  Anyway, rambling, how about we check out some more Katsucon Cosplays.  These are my Top 5 Katsucon 2020 Cosplays (Part 2).  Oh and if you’re interested in Part 1 from a few months back, feel free to take a look at it right here: http://gundamanimeblog.blogspot.com/2020/04/t5w242-top-5-katsucon-2020-cosplays.html

#5-Space Pirate Ryoko

As a guy who really found his love for Anime in the late 90s/early 2000’s, it’s always a happy moment to see a character being cosplayed from a show I grew up with.  Tenchi Muyo is one of those illustrious Toonami legends I still adore and Ryoko still freaking rocks.  So cudos to this cosplayer for pull out the infamous Space Pirate in her sweet looking Tenchi Universe variant.  Always a pleasure to see the old school still being repped at a con.

 

#4-Femme Overhaul

My good friend MakePretender is a whiz at genderbending cosplays and her take on the primary antagonist from My Hero Academia’s fourth season was no exception to her skills.  The overall look is very cute and a very comfy wear for a con this cold.  But the beak mask, that took some real talent to make and I’m happy she pulled it all off flawlessly.

For more of MakePretender’s cosplay resume, you can check out her Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/make_pretender/

 

#3-Guardian Dreadscythe

I’ve only known Dan aka Biracialangel for about a year and change but not only is he a chill dude, he’s also got a real knack for heavy duty cosplays.  This means cosplays with a lot of props and armor that no doubt look tough to move in but the end result is worth it.  This Guardian Dreadscythe for example:  with the cape and shoulder blades and yes, that scythe looks as big as you’d think.  Dude put a lot of effort into this look and it shows.  It’s always a pleasure to see what next project he has in store.

Check out Biracialangel’s cosplay and life adventures here:

https://www.instagram.com/biracialangel92/

 

#2-Elsa: the 5th Element

I hope I wasn’t the only one who got this.  I mean, yeah The 5th Element is a popular movie but who would think about this combo after seeing Frozen 2?  You’d think it’d be easier to call Elsa the “Avatar” of Disney.  But someone saw Frozen 2 and caught on that Elsa is that little universes “5th Element”.  And I’m so happy I could spot this cool blue take on the famous outfit worn by Mila Jovovich in the 90s scifi Classic.  It’s a look this Elsa rocked perfectly and I think I made her day by pointing out I knew what it was.  Bonus points for the little “Multipass” she included with the look.

 

#1-Freddie F’ing Mercury

I ran into KidKryptonite several times at Katsucon and mostly it was around the late night dance scenes by the Gazeebo.  Much like this one fan favorite cosplayer who can basically pull off any Will Smith character, Kid K is the spitting image of the legendary frontrunner of Queen.  He can pull off the manerisms, the voice, the moves, everything.  I’m so mad I missed out on his doing a “Ayyyyyyo” on Saturday night.  Funny, when getting pumped for Katsucon, listening to Queen’s usually a way to get myself excited.  Now I know there’s an awesome Freddie F’ing Mercury out there making dreams a reality.

Kid Kryptonite’s Freddie Mercury and other cosplay adventures can be checked out here:

https://www.instagram.com/kidkryptonite89/

No comments:

Post a Comment