Thursday, April 16, 2020

Gundam Month Mark IV Announcement

Hey everyone.  I hope that on whatever level of Lockdown you’ve placed yourselves in, you’re doing ok.  Me, I’ve been sleeping in, gaming and churning away at a ton of Anime.  It made me think of the promise I made back in March, to try and do more for this blog so everyone can have something to chuckle at during this chaotic time.  Well…I’ve found one way to uphold that promise.  Recently, I’ve been watching a title I had planned for 2020 but moved away from it in favor of other titles.  I’ve actually got reviews written for it and before I wrapped them up, it dawned on me…and I made plans and those plans are getting an official annoucnment today.  First off, Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight, is getting a new, accelerated schedule.  Part 3 will be posted on Monday, April 20 as usual.  Friday, April 24 will see Part 4 go live along the last chapter of the Final Fantasy Friday Retrospective.  Parts 5-7 will round out the series the week after on Monday, Wednesday and Friday respectively.

Why move everything up this quickly?  Because (if the article title didn’t already make it clear) GUNDAM MONTH MARK IV-THE GAUNTLET is A-GO!!! 
That’s right, I’m revisiting my original plan to review both entries of the Seed franchise at the beginning and end of 2020.  Instead, May 2020 will belong entirely to Kira Yamato and Athrun Zala and their big eyed, J-Pop loving crew of Gundam misfits.  This’ll be the biggest Gundam Anime Corner undertaking yet.  Each series will consist of 10 parts, covering 5 episodes each.  So…there’s gonna be a review EVERY MONDAY-FRIDAY FOR 4 WEEKS!!!   May 4-15 we’ll be looking at Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, followed by Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny from May 18-29.  Not only will I be working on new Gundam Top 5 lists for Top 5 Wednesday, my From Losers to Glory: A Gundam Wing Special series will return as well.

This will cut a little bit into the original start time for Fate/Apocrypha but I’ve taken that into account.  The Fate/Stay Night team deathmatch will start on May 31, with the second part coming the next day on June 1 before everything returns to normal, posts wise.  This is all going to be a little daunting to say the least, hence the subtitle “THE GAUNTLET”…but I’m pumped and excited and its important to be in that mindset when you’re enduring social distancing.  Get ready to “Suit Up” come may…cause Gundam Seed is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment