Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Welcome to the Anime Corner 2019


Greetings dear traveler and reader.  Welcome to my corner of Anime, or as I like to call it, the Gundam Anime Corner.  A little bit of background for ya: this blog (or at least the reviews that make up most of it) began as a sort of exercise to keep myself writing something every week.  I wanted to focus on short stories but ironically this became my main passion.  Almost 6 years later, well the results speak for themselves.  Here you’ll find my many thoughts on various Anime, Japanese and American Anime inspired cinema, trivia lists, nuggets of wisdom and other fun things.  I’m an older Anime fan who grew up getting into the genre in the late 90’s and early 2000’s so a lot of my focus tends to be from titles in that era, aka the 2000-2001 Toonami era.  But I cover a lot of present day stuff as well.  How about I give you a quick tour of the page, eh?

Monday-Reviews
Every Monday you get a brand new review.  It can be part of a series im covering or a movie, either way, this is the main day you will always see something on this blog no matter what (unless I take a rare break which usually falls the Monday after an Anime convention).  In the beginning I was choosing series based on what I had on my shelf at home and reviewing a disc or so a week.  Example: say Cowboy Bebop has a 6 disc collection.  I’d review one disc of episodes a week before giving my final thoughts and grading with the final disc.  Last year I began to run out of titles on my shelf (feel like I might start clearing that area this year actually). So I need to start expanding my reach of titles to review and I actually have since last year I reviewed some new modern day hits like Kakegurui and Fate/Extra: Last Encore.  Who knows what this year will hold…besides what ive already announced in previous articles last month haha.  New reviews kick off next week with the premiere of Slayers Next (which also kicks off what promises to be the Year of Slayers here at the Anime Corner...but maybe more on that another time.)

Wednesday-Top 5 Wednesdays (T5W)

This started as a way to start building more material for the blog.  Today, it has become the sole uninterrupted feature of the Gundam Anime Corner, closing out 2018 with 176 super random lists.  These Top 5s can either be about news in the Anime community, countdowns to upcoming titles or events like conventions, or just random info about yours truly and his time growing up as an Anime fan.  I got back and forth between being able to churn these out far in advance and just making them up quickly the day of…keeps things limber. 

Friday-First Impression Friday (FIF)
I got the idea to do this after checking out a sampler of Your Lie in April at Katsucon 2016.  I already review a lot of series in full but what about a simple first impression of a random title I might not fully commit to.  And boy are these more random than my Top 5s.  Ive done everything from brand new season titles to shows that aired decades ago.  Heck, ive even reviewed titles that have shown up in this little series in full on the blog (Fate/Stay Night, One Punch Man and Pilot Candidate just to name a few). FIF’s come and go here on the Gundam Anime Corner.  Depending on my workload, it can go on a few month hiatus from time to time (I think the longest gap was when I ended the first season in December 2016 and didn’t pick it back up until September 2017).  Actually, I usually start the year without First Impression Friday but I plan to keep them going until the Anime Corner’s birthday at the end of March before putting them on a summer haitus.  Long story short, you’re gonna get a taste of everything this blog has to offer in the beginning of 2019.

And that’s everything I can think of.  You might get a random announcement or unscheduled review here or there (def look out for the conclusion of that God awful Godzilla Anime Trilogy and maybe the Dragon Ball Super-Broly movie if I can see it).  Otherwise, kick back and have a look around.  And even if you only stop by for a second…thank you for giving my little corner of the universe a glance, it means a lot.

Welcome to the Gundam Anime Corner 2019…have fun everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment