Sunday, January 6, 2019

Anime Corner-Start of 2019 Review Schedule



Tomorrow, Monday the 7th, the next batch of reviews kicks off on the Gundam Anime Corner.  So figured id give everyone a sneak peak of things to come.  These announcements should take us right up to the 5th Anniversary Review, which ill keep secret for the time being.  Here's the breakdown.


January

The beginning of 2019 also begins the Year of Slayers at the Gundam Anime Corner.  I promised this after I reviewed Season One last August and im sticking to it.  Slayers Next (Season Two) is first up, starting Monday.  The tentative remaining Slayers schedule is as follows: May-Slayers Try (Season Three); September-The Slayers Movies and OVAs (Slayers Return, Slayers Great, Slayers Gorgeous, Slayers Premium, Slayers Special & Slayers Excellent); and December-Slayers Revolutions (Season Four) and Slayers Evolution-R (Season Five). That’s a lot now that I look at it but I promise there will be plenty of other things to cover to offset this year long event…such as…


February

The month of romance will be a little light on review content.  Slayers Next will be wrapping up just in time for Katsucon and, as per tradition, I usually take a week off from reviews.  The rest of the month, upon my return, will see a special romance Anime review along with my look at the next chapter of Rooster Teeth’s Anime inspired epic, RWBY.


March
In the countdown to the Gundam Anime Corner’s 5th Birthday, I thought long and hard about what series I wanted to cover.  Then it hit me…why not ditch the series approach and just do a bunch of titles that aren’t connected and might be sitting on your shelf that you haven’t covered yet?  And so, it’ll be a month of movies pretty much.  It’s as diverse a list as you could get: Gundam Evolve, Napping Princess, Street Fighter II: The Animated Movies, Halo: The Fall of Reach and Arcadia of my Youth.  This little sampler will bring us right to March 31, 2019 and the special review I have planned for the blogs bday.

And that’s kind of it.  Might not look like a lot but it feels like a lot to cover and im excited to do so (really cant wait to get to RWBY Vol.6).  As always, I wont say this is totally set in stone (the 4th and 5th Seasons of Slayers were planned for far earlier in December at one point but I wanted to diversify the year a bit more).  So who knows, a surprise or two might be in the wings.  Til then, see you guys tomorrow for the premiere of Slayers Next, right here on the Gundam Anime Corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment