Monday, January 1, 2018

Welcome to the Anime Corner 2018

Greetings dear reader.  Your travels have brought you to this tiny corner of the world I like to call my own…or you can just call it the Gundam Anime Corner.  Ive been a fan of Anime since 5th grade, which I guess if I want to date myself was almost 20 years ago.  Since the early days of Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon and Pokemon and even further back with Voltron, G-Force (aka Gatchaman) and Ronin Warriors, Anime has been a huge part of my life.  I’ve watch fandoms grow and seen my own friendships blossom from viewing with classmates to convention trips.  I loved talking Anime with everyone.  More so, I love reviewing and sharing my opinions on all different kinds of titles.  Hence why this blog was created almost three years ago (technically I was writing and documenting my reviews a year before that so I kind of round it out to the blog being 4 years old but…eh who’s really keeping track).  So pull up a chair my good reader, here’s what you can expect when you pay a visit to my blog page.



Mondays-Reviews
 
The bread and butter of this page.  Essentially im reviewing titles from my own personal collection.  Most of it consists of TV series or OVAs and the number of episodes I review depends on how many episodes are on a disc.  So when I begin a show, it’ll run on the page for anywhere from 3-7 weeks while movie marathons run a bit shorter.  Over the summer ill branch out into an extended series (like 50 episodes) as a countdown to my Otakon convention trip.  Many of the titles I cover are old school, like mid 90’s-early 2000’s (Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Macross Plus, Ghost in the Shell) with a couple of more modern titles thrown in (Gundam Unicorn, RWBY, Psycho Pass).  I’m actually starting to run out of shows on my shelf to review, at least the standard 13-26 episode ones.  So ill eventually either have to A. get more on my shelf or B. start looking to Netflix, Crunchyroll or Hulu…both are not bad ideas and we’ll see where that takes me in 2018.

 

Wednesdays-T5W: Top 5 Wednesdays
 
Just a little something for fun.  One topic of (almost) random choice.  5 personal facts about any of them.  You’ll either get some insights to me as an Anime fan or hear my thoughts on an upcoming title, be they good or bad.  Best scenes in anime, favorite convention memories, favorite characters, worst characters, most anticipated moments of a series.  You name it and chances are you’ll see it.  Ive done more than 100 of these since ive started…it’s a miracle I can still think of Top 5s sometimes haha.

 

Fridays-FIF: First Impression Friday (Temporarily on Hiatus) 
This is where I would take a random title and check out the first couple of episodes before deciding whether or not I would recommend or continue it.  8/10 times, time would get the better of me and I would never be able to keep up with most of them.  That’s kind of why FIF will be on break for the first part of 2018, at least through the spring.  The amount of free time I have to dedicate to this blog is getting smaller and smaller and its all I can do to get reviews and Top 5 lists up by their respective days.  Things could change before spring but for now, FIF is tabled until further notice.  But you can always go back and check out my prior FIF’s from 2016 and 2017.

So what can you look forward to as I kick off 2018?  Well so far I have at leas three titles planned, 2 for the coming months and one for the summer.  2018 will begin with the legendary mega hit ONE PUNCH MAN in January before February brings the infamous misfire that is PILOT CANDIDATE (I’ve personally never seen it all the way through so ill finally be able to make a full call on that).  At some point ill need to find something to fill the month of March, including my 4th Anniversary review.  I can confirm that around June-ish, ill be reviewing THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA and its film sequel THE DISAPPEARANCE OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA.  All in all, im excited to finally get to all of these titles…and I have something special planned for the summer as well for my next extended series coverage.  Which series will join the ranks of Gundam 00, Code Geass and Gundam Wing in this exclusive extended series club?  You’ll find out in a couple of months.
Alright, enough yammering out of me.  Most of all, thank you so much for stopping by.  Even if it’s just a quick glance, I hope you found or do find something to enjoy here in this, my little corner of the Anime universe that I call…the Gundam Anime Corner. 

See you around dear reader and Welcome to the Gundam Anime Corner 2018.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment