Wednesday, January 3, 2018

T5W#125-Top 5 New Years Resolutions for Anime Corner 2018

2017 is over, done with, gonzo.  With 2018 now underway, it’s time for me to think about what I’d personally like to do with this blog over the next year.  How should I expand it?  Does anything already established need to be addressed?  Where do I feel like I stand more than almost 4 years into this little project?  This list took a while, for a minute I didn’t think I was actually going to go through with it.  But looking around and some heavy thinking later, ive got it, my Top 5 New Years Resolutions for Anime Corner 2018.  These are the ideas I want to build upon in the coming months and do my hardest to make a reality, for me as a reviewer and an Anime fan and for you guys, the readers and fellow Anime Fans Im happy to share my thoughts with.

 

#5-Cosplay Shout Outs
Cosplay is a very strong part of the Anime community.  Through the hard work of gifted nerds, various fan favorites can be brought to life with their own unique spins.  In the past I have done a couple of cosplayer shoutouts but ive never done like a Top 5 or so often cause…well I mostly know female cosplayers and just saying “Theyre hot” feels shallow and wrong.  If I wanted to do proper tributes id go a bit more in depth as to why theyre so good at what they do.  Maybe ill make this a once or twice a month feature depending on when I start it. 

 

#4-Writing More in Advance
Currently, im working two jobs, one during the day and the other at night.  That means finding time to watch Anime and review it is becoming more and more scarce.  Often times ill come home from my night job and stay up an hour or so just to work on stuff for me and, sometimes, that includes working on blog content.  Back in late October 2017, I ended up watching all of Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid in a single day and took time after each disc to write my reviews.  It freed up more time for me, knowing all of my reviews for a single month were written and good to go. I actually, more or less, did the same thing for Gundam Wing last summer and I want to try and do more of that this year.  The more stuff I have written out ahead of time, the more assurance I have it’ll get posted on time and itll mean ill have more chances to work on other projects related to the Anime Corner.

 

#3-Videos 
Ive never thought about doing Video Reviews before.  That requires a lot of editing, voicework, clip research, tons of stuff.  And given how I kind of stopped doing AMV Fridays way back when here on the Anime Corner because I thought I got flagged for copyright issues, it’s never really dawned on me to do anything else in that field.  Still, looking back on a couple of promo videos I made for upcoming reviews, as well as video tours of the places ive attended for conventions, it might not be a bad time to revisit these ideas.  Video Reviews, those ill have to still think on.  The convention tours and maybe a few videos from panels, photoshoots, dance offs and more, that might be a bit more doable.

 

#2-Convention Reports 
I know ive done Top 5’s on these over the years and ill continue to do them in the future.  However, I am sitting on a few years worth of more detailed reports ive written to cover my time at multiple Otakon and Katsucon Conventions.  Perhaps its time to let them see the light of day.  They’d require a little bit of editing but I think it would be fun to share more of my experiences with everyone.  These could very well take the place of First Impression Fridays until I decide to bring those back.  Just as well, as Katsu approaches and Otakon is, for the moment, in the cards for August, maybe ill start sharing them closer to their next events.  We’ll see

 

#1-Back to Basics 
2017 sucked on many life levels.  Many times, I found that affected my writing here at the Anime Corner.  I could feel I just wasn’t having fun anymore working on certain reviews.  Full Metal Panic Season 1 was a definite victim of this as I could feel little joy starting a project that would last me most of the year.  Well 2018 is where I try to find that spark again and apply to every show and movie I review.  Plus, I have found that ranting about a bad show like Silent Mobius can be kind of liberating too.  Does this mean seeking out more classic titles?  Going after titles that I know have a rep for being terrible?  Im not sure but I need to reignite my Anime and Film Reviewer passions big time this year.  After all, this is supposed to be for fun right, not a job.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment