Thursday, November 30, 2017

First Impression Friday-GundamCember Announcement


Yes, folks youre reading that title correct and yes…im wondering if I should change it, not sure it rolls off the tongue…screw it, that’s the title for now.

To close out First Impression Friday’s successful return in the back half 2017, im planning on checking out a slew of Gundam shows ive never gotten a chance to either see in full or have never seen before.  My initial thoughts will be shared on 5 Gundam series, you’ll just have to check in every Friday to see which one (you know I never reveal my FIF’s ahead of time hehe).  Not gonna lie, im excited to be ending 2017 with this new venture.  I’ve done more with Gundam this year on this blog than ever before.  Gundam Month Mark II back in April (the launch of the Anime Corner’s 4th Year) saw me reviewing Gundam 0080 and Gundam 0083 and the summer saw the surprise arrival of an old friend, Gundam Wing.  Factor in the numerous Top 5’s ive done as well during both those periods and more, and I don’t think I need to prove just how big of a Gundam nut I truly am.
 
It’s kind of funny, when I thought about bringing back First Impression Fridays, the original idea was to let it run for ten weeks before taking another extended hiatus (my time between two jobs is limited so much sometimes its hard to even make good headway in a series to keep getting my reviews done).  Well, we actually hit 10 new FIF’s a few weeks ago with Danganronpa The Animation.  I wish I had more time to do more but once these five new ones are done, FIF will be going dormant again for the time being.  It sucks but such is how things are.  I’ll def be bringing FIF back in 2018 sometime, we’ll all just have to wait and wonder when.

Anyway, that little bit of reminiscing aside, First Impression Friday: GundamCember kicks off this tomorrow with…ah heck, it’s the holiday I can reveal at least one.  We kick things off with my First Impressions of Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt.  See ya then.

No comments:

Post a Comment