Wednesday, October 25, 2017

T5W#115-Top 5 Katsucon 2017 Cosplays


With one week to go until Halloween, it’s sometimes easy to forget that for a cosplayer, this little holiday lasts the whole year round.  Dozens, if not hundreds, of conventions from Anime to general nerd fandom pop up across the world every year.  That means an equal amount of amazing new cosplay can be seen on a weekly basis.  I nod in respect to all the hard work and dedication all cosplayers, rookie and veteran, throw into their craft.  And today im going to flashback to Katsucon 2017 to look at my Top 5 Cosplays from the event.  I was thinking about keeping it to just Anime themed ones but some of these, as you’ll see, were too damn good not to throw into this list.

 

#5-Faye, Junko, Motoko (Three Way Tie)
Yep, you’re looking at this right.  In looking through my hundreds of photos, I could not pick a winner between these three to kick off the list.  It’s been a while since I’ve seen a Faye as cute as this one.  Junko’s recently become a favorite of mine after finishing Danganronpa The Animation.  And it’s always great to see a Stand Alone Complex Motoko represented at an Anime convention.  Look at these three and tell me you’d be able to make an easier choice…chances are someone will say they can but theyre not me haha.

 

#4-Fem Trunks
This was a bit of an odd sight.  There were a few of these versions of Future Trunks roaming around the con.  Of the many characters in the Dragon Ball multiverse, Future Trunks has always been my favorite from his first appearance.  Seeing him in a genderbend version of him…makes me actually wonder why Trunks couldn’t be a girl to begin with.  Especially when she looks as cool and bad ass as this one here.  Pretty certain this is popular cosplayer Teresa Cosplays.  Which makes it even cooler that I got to meet her in person in such an awesome cosplay. 
 
You can check out her cosplay page here:
 

 

#3-Female Zora
It’s always a nice surprise to see a character from an Anime or Video Game you might think have been lost to most memories.  Sure enough, I found a Zora from the Legend of Zelda.  Im not sure if she’s a particular character from one of the games (my first thought went to the songstress Lulu from Majora’s Mask), or if she’s just a regular Zora you see in a town or water temple.  Either way, she looks real enough to me and quite lovely.

 

#2-Reinhardt
During the big Overwatch photoshoot on Saturday, the gathering was so large, they had to move all of the characters behind the fountain and call them down one group at a time.  One cosplayer was exempt from this…can you see why?  This Reinhardt was legit like no other.  He looks the size of the actual character and you can see how sleek that armor is.  God only knows how much time and effort went into this one.  There were ten times more Mercy’s and D.Vas.  But one Reinhardt stole the show from both.

 

#1-All the Voltron Cosplays
I honestly never saw this coming.  I knew Voltron: Legendary Defender was popular amongst some of my friends but WOW.  Keith, Shiro, Lance, Hunk, Pidge and Allura were all over the place at Katsucon this year.  And you know what, there wasn’t a weak link in any cosplay I saw, no matter the character, no matter their look.  I think Pidge dominated the most cosplayed of the main cast but there were, more or less, equal amounts of everyone else.  It’s amazing how Legendary Defender has managed to capture the spirt of the original Voltron and breathe new life into it for a new generation, thanks in no small part to the fact that the team behind Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra are behind it.  I don’t know if Voltron’s presence will be as strong next year.  If it is…that’s not a problem at all.  GO FORTH VOLTRON PALADINS!!!  FORM BLAZING SWORD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment