Monday, August 21, 2017

End of Summer/Fall 2017 Announcements

Hey everyone,
Hope the eclipse looked cool cause it’s too cloudy where I am to see it, figures.

Anyway, here to give everyone a heads up on what’s coming to the Anime Corner as we head into the homestretch of 2017.  It’s been a quick year but it has been a rough year and I think it’s a miracle ive kept up with things here as well as I can…and am about to make  a little more work for myself. 

Before I get to what new shows ill be covering over the next couple of months, im happy to announce…FIRST IMPRESSION FRIDAY RESSURECTION!!! 
Yep, thanks to a couple of titles recommended to me by a new friend, ive decided to bring my Friday feature out of retirement for a new slew of shows where I share my initial thoughts on the first 1-3 episodes.  I’m aiming to do maybe 10 of these initially and see where things go from there (right now 6 have been completed).  Expect the first of these to arrive on September 1st.  I was going to start it this week, along with the premiere of Peacemaker Kurogane and a new Top 5 Wednesday.  However, Friday is also the debut of the Netflix Death Note Movie…so ill be covering that instead since ill be able to see it right when it airs.

As for reviews, the schedule at the moment is thus:

Right now until mid September I’ll be reviewing Peacemaker Kurogane, a historical dramedy about a young boy seeking revenge by joining the legendary Shinsengumi.  You can see my first review right here:  http://gundamanimeblog.blogspot.com/2017/08/peacemaker-kurogane-part-1-episodes-1-5.html
Following that, for the month of October I’ll be reviewing the Kia Asamiya supernatural scifi epic Silent Mobius.  In 2023, five beautiful police officers use a mix of technology and sorcery to battle an evil that almost destroyed the world once and is determined to finish the job this time.  I’ll be covering the TV series through the end of September through all of October before reviewing the Two Part Feature Film at the beginning of November.
And that brings us to, at long last, the third (and not final) season of Full Metal Panic, aka The Second Raid.  Things seem to be going well for Sousuke and his long term assignment protecting Kaname Chidori.  When an organization appears with the ability to counter Mithril at every turn, Sousuke is forcibly pulled from his protection detail to take the fight right to the enemy.  What does this mean for Kaname’s safety and how will being apart from her affect Sousuke?
I have finalized what I’m reviewing for the end of the year.  I’m half tempted to do a “Katsuhiro Otomo” month if only so I have an excuse to post a review of Akira on Christmas Day.  Of course, I’m not sure I have 4 Katsuhiro Otomo themed project in my collection to review.  Again, this is still TBD, I could just review another show (Ouran High School Host Club and K-On have both been thrown my way). 
So there you have it: First Impression Fridays return; plus Peacemaker, Silent Mobius and Full Metal Panic; and whatever I can come up with for an on the spot Top 5 Wednesday.

Hope everyones having a great day.  And thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment