Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Anime Corner Spring 2017 Preview


Hey guys,
It’s hard to tell if Winter is coming or going cause of all the warm temps we’ve been getting on the East Coast (who thought Katsucon could ever be some comfy outside and you didn’t have to wear a Kiggu?).  But im not here to talk about the weather, I’m here to talk about what’s ahead for the Gundam Anime Corner.  In the wake of new purchases from Katsu and meeting some cool new friends, I’ve decided to shift up my schedule a bit.  Peacemaker Kurogane (my big Samurai series to review this year) is getting pushed to the near end of summer to accommodate three new arrivals to the schedule, sorry if anyone was looking forward to it (I announced it right?)  Well, here’s a rundown of what’s going to be popping up in March once I finish Full Metal Panic Season 1.

 

Ghost in the Shell and Third Year Anniversary Review
Not just the first film, not just the second film…I’m going the distance baby.  Turns out the only three mediums of Ghost in the Shell I haven’t reviewed yet are the two Oshii movies and the upcoming live action film (the latter for obvious reasons aka it’s not even out yet).  So to countdown to the film that will make or break everyones faith in Live Action Anime adaptations, I’ll be reviewing Mamoru Oshii’s two groundbreaking features: Ghost in the Shell and Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence.  I just got Innocence on Blu Ray and while I haven’t watched it all, it looks better than ever in HD.  Also, the 2017 Ghost in the Shell movies release date is March 31, the same day I wrote my first review of Eden of the East three years ago.  So it’s only fitting such a momentous movie get the Anime Corner birthday celebration spot.

 

Gundam Month 2
April marks the 38th Birthday of the Mobile Suit Gundam Franchise.  I was already thinking about adding these two, relatively short OVA’s to the schedule but aimed them for later in the year.  Thanks to those awesome Gundam panels I attended at Katsucon, my mind has changed.  So the month of April and the beginning of May will fall to two Gundam classics: Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket and Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory.  I might shuffle Gundam 0080 into one week but I might split it into two…idk still gotta think about summer and reviewing Fate/Zero (especially if Otakon might be an idea shapping in my head).  But yes, a double dose of Gundam awaits the blog named after it.  It only seems right.

 

Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040
A good friend of mine was telling me about this series and, wouldn’t you know it, I found it on Netflix right afterwards.  I always promised myself that if I ever got the chance, I’d find a way to get a copy of this series and give it a review.  Four women in a Blade Runner inspired future battle rampant, mutant androids in the sexiest battle armor ever designed by man.  How could this series not get my attention on that premise alone? 

 That will take us into Summer 2017, where the second season of Full Metal Panic-Full Metal Panic Fumofuu and Fate/Zero + Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works both await me.  All in all, I’m pretty excited about the reviews to come, even if some shows had to get pushed back a ways (don’t worked Peacemaker, you’ll be next on the docket once UBW is done). 
At some point I need to post a list of the shows and movies still in my collection I could review (since it is the premise of this whole blog project).  Actually…here you go everyone, for your eyes only:

Complete Series:
Death Note
Eureka Seven
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Getbackers
Legendary Armor Samurai Troopers
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 1
Mobile Suit Gundam
Ouran High School Host Club
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Pilot Candidate
Robotech-The Macross Saga (The First Robotech War)
Robotech-The Masters Saga (The Second Robotech War)
Robotech-The New Generation (The Third Robotech War)
Samurai Champloo
Silent Mobius
The Slayers
Slayers Next
Slayers Try
Slayers Revolution
Slayers Evolution R
Street Fighter II V
Supernatural: The Anime Series
Vandread
 

Movies:
Akira
The Animatrix
Appleseed
Appleseed Ex Machina
Appleseed Alpha
Armitage: Dual Matrix
Avengers Confidential: Black Widow and Punisher
Bleach: The Movie-Memories of Nobody
Bleach: The Movie 2-The Diamond Dust Rebellion
Bleach: The Movie 3-Fade to Black
Bleach: The Movie 4-Hell Verse
Blood: The Last Vampire
Death Note Relight 1: Visions of a God
Death Note Relight 2: L’s Successors
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
Dragon Ball: The Movie-Curse of the Blood Rubies
Dragon Ball: The Movie-Sleeping Princess in Devil’s Castle
Dragon Ball: The Movie-Mystical Adventure
Dragon Ball: The Movie-Path to Power
Dragon Ball Z-Bardock: The Father of Goku
Dragon Ball Z-The History of Trunks
Evangelion 1.11-You Are (Not) Alone
Evangelion 2.22-You Can (Not) Advance
Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Movie-Conqueror of Shamballa
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos
Halo Legends
Highlander: The Search for Vengeance
Iron Man: Rise of Technovore
Jin Roh: The Wolf Brigade
Mass Effect: Paragon Lost
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Movie
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Movie 2-Soldiers of Sorrow
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Movie 3-Encounters in Space
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED: The Empty Battlefield
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED: The Far Away Dawn
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED: The Rumbling Universe
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation-Heirs to the Stars
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation II-Lovers
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation III-Love is the Pulse of the Stars
Ninja Scroll
Oblivion Island: Haruka and the Magic Mirror
Resident Evil: Degeneration
Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin): The Movie
Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin): Trust and Betrayal
Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin): Reflection
Silent Mobius: The Motion Picture
Silent Mobius 2: The Motion Picture
Slayers-The Motion Picture
Spriggan
Steamboy
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Tenchi Muyo: The Movie-Tenchi Muyo in Love
Tenchi Muyo: The Movie 2-The Daughter of Darkness
Which of these shows or flicks should I try to add in before the end of 2017?  Feel free to sound off in the comments below and I’ll see you guys tomorrow with a new Top 5 Wednesday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment