Sunday, January 1, 2017

Welcome to the Anime Corner 2017

Hello and greetings dear reader,

My name is Gundam and THIS is my own personal Corner from which I share reviews and thoughts in general about Anime.  This Blog has been around for about 2 years now but ive been writing Anime reviews of my own for about 3.  This originally started as an exercise to keep up with short story writing.  But that kind of fell through, ironically ive kept up with weekly reviews instead of that.  Since the beginning, ive chosen series and movies to look at based on what is in my personal Anime collection.  Not sure how much ive gone through but it’s gotta be close to 2/3, were I to venture a good guess.  Should also note that I review a lot of old school titles, not recent ones, not normally anyway.  I love the titles that got me into Anime dearly and don’t think they should ever be forgotten.  If old school Anime from the 90’s and 00’s is your thing, you’ve come to the right place.
 
So, now that that’s out of the way, what can you expect to find here at the Anime Corner?
 
Monday-Reviews
The blogs bread and butter, what started this whole project.  This is where you’ll find my coverings of both TV series and Movies.  If it’s a TV series, I can be on it anywhere from 2-7 weeks at the most (just like covering a regular series on TV) and I’m covering 4-6 episodes a week.  Sounds like a lot but its basically the amount of episodes on a DVD or Blu Ray.  Movies are another story, obviously.  Unless im covering a series of films (like a Shonen set like Inuyasha, Bleach or Dragon Ball Z) that will be a one week kind of thing.  Also, expect reviews from screenings of random Anime or Live Action Japanese features I catch in the theaters if I get to it (and those I might not even post on a Monday.).  These reviews can sometimes turn into rants…so maybe that will entertain you a bit.

 
Wednesday-Top 5 Wednesdays (T5W)
The random thoughts I have on a particular topic, in a Top 5 Countdown format.  Can be anything to thoughts on a show or series, to a subgenre, to something really random.  Honestly it’s a crap shoot.  Sometimes it might even be related to something big happening within the week (an upcoming release or big news report, etc.)
 
Friday-First Impression Fridays (FIF)

I got the idea to do this last year after I saw Your Lie in April’s English Dub premiere at Katsucon 2016.  I thought of this little feature as a way I could review more shows but not do full blown series reviews.  Instead, these are my initial thoughts on different shows and always end with a will I/wont I continue conclusion.  Sometimes I continue, sometimes I don’t.  Every once in a while, I’ll go back and do a “Second Impression Friday” set for a month or so just to recap my progress. 
 
I may actually put the FIF on the back burner once again (there was a hiatus earlier in the summer).  With life being a bit hectic still at the moment, I might just stick to Main Reviews and T5W’s throughout the week and maybe think of something easier to do for Friday so I can keep filling this blog with content.  But the FIF will continue eventually.  Just need some breathing room to check out the first couple episodes of new titles.  I could always think of a new feature to do in FIF’s place…but I’ll get back to you on that soon.  For now, the FIF are on hold through the end of January at least.

And that’s about that.  Last thing I can give ya to spark some interest is what I’ll be covering from now until about the end of March (the third anniversary of my writing these things).
 
January-Martian Successor Nadesico, Martian Successor Nadesico: The Motion Picture
 
February-Full Metal Panic, Ghost in the Shell, Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence


March-Peacemaker, Ghost in the Shell: The Live Action Movie
 
Naturally, if anything does pop up, expect a surprise review or posting throughout the week.  And this schedule is always open to changes if anything catches my eye…but ive held off on Nadesico for a bit so cant ignore that anymore.  Same goes for the Live Action Ghost in the Shell.  That just so happens to come out on the blogs birthday, March 31, 2017, so not missing that opportunity either.

Think that’s about it.  Sorry for the long ramble.
 
Short version: Welcome to the Gundam Anime Corner and I hope you enjoy your stay.



No comments:

Post a Comment