Wednesday, December 9, 2015

T5W#17-Top 5 Anime on Netflix id like to Review


 


Not sure if I ever said this in my opening articles on this blog, but most of the Anime I review is from my own personal collection.  Not that that’s all I watch.  You’ve seen reviews for shows (and rants) on series that ive seen on Official Youtube Channels and in the theaters.  I watch a lot of Anime on Netflix and always wondered what titles id tackle when/if I ever run out of my own personal collection to cover.  So with that in mind, here’s a list of 5 series I’d really like to cover on Netflix sometime in the future.  Might even consider one for 2016, that schedule is still being planned out.

 


#5-Durarara


A part of Tokyo where the normal tries its best to live alongside the strange, powerful and amazing.  Ikebukero has never had the best travel brochure than Durarara.  The story telling structure may be a bit jarring at first (several stand alone episodes to cover EACH of the lead cast before telling a story through multiple episodes showing going on at the same time).  But once you get into it, Durarara never lets go of your attention.  It’s got some of the best cliffhangers that make it a binge worthy Anime, you gotta know what happens next.  Plus it’s got some of the most complex and memorable characters like Celty, Mikado and Izaya, one of my most hated yet credit where credit is due bad guys in Anime history.  I think some review time in Ikebukero is in order.

 


#4-Kill La Kill


When I first saw this series, I had no clue what to expect besides cute girls in skimpy outfits.  What I got at the end of Kill La Kill was all of that and more.  Amazing action, a great cast (including Mako and Guts), some of my favorite opening and ending themes, and the rush of watching something so bizzare and special that I had not felt since FLCL.  Way too often does Kill La Kill take a turn into crazy town.  And I think it’s a kind of series I haven’t covered much on this page.  Need to change that sometime.


 

#3-Aldnoah Zero


I’ve only seen the first half of this series on Netflix (all that’s available right now).  But what I both like what I’ve seen and am also way too confused and befuddled by characters and their motivations.  Inaho is an emotionless Anime Sherlock type.  Slain is trapped in the friend zone by a princess and constantly beat on by Mars Orbital Knights who seem to have a fetish for this thing.  There’s a Mars Princess with a Sailor Moon complex and a daughter of a Mars assassin who is never without her hoody.  Oh and there’s giant robots straight out of Zone of the Enders.  If it sounds like im ragging on this one a bit, im not believe me.  If anything I’m very curious how this will all play out and would love to cover it all sometime.  I can see why many hailed this as a must see for Mobile Suit Gundam fans.



#2-Puella Magica Madoka Magica

One of the most tragic Anime I have ever seen.  Whether it’s watching the movies (except for Rebellion) or the series, you cant get through the whole thing without a boat load of tears and feels.  I really cant think of many flaws Madoka Magica has and the highs are too numerous to layout in one simple summary.  This could be as close an Anime has come to being perfect and it def deserves coverage at some point.  Maybe the one thing holding me back is the amount of feels…you just really wanna hug someone after you finish a watch…oh Homura, sniff.

#1-Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works
 

This could easily be a summer project for me.  Fate/Zero being the prequel to Fate/Stay Night and Unlimited Blade Works being a particular route of the Fate/Stay series, these two transition well from one into the other.  Seeing two generations of mages duke it out for the Holy Grail while embroiled in their own personal wars of ideology and greed would make for great compares and contrasts.  Plus both series have some of the best animation quality and action scenes I have ever seen in an Anime.  On top of that, both have two of my favorite new Anime heroines: Saber and Rin (even as a kid she kicks all kinds of ass).  It’s got highs and lows but id love watching and covering them all.

 

Anyone got any suggestions for shows I haven’t seen yet or think would make for good review on this blog?  Leave a comment and I’ll check em out.




No comments:

Post a Comment