Wednesday, December 2, 2015

T5W#16-Top 5 Titles I’m Looking Forward to Reviewing in 2016


Hard to believe we jumped to December so quickly.  Through the rough and bad times of this dreaded year of 2015, it’s been good to know I can still keep up with this blog and ive churned out a lot this year.  Still, 2016 is right around the corner and I’m definitely thinking about several titles I want to tackle from my collection…well besides the third season of Black Lagoon (Roberta’s Blood Trail).  So enjoy this sneak peak of titles im seriously considering for review sometime in 2016.

 
#5-Love Hina

Odd choice?  Maybe.  I notice I tend to fill this blog with tons of action and sci fi titles.  My collection is a little bit more diverse than that and I’d love to show some of it off next year.  Love Hina is a definite guilty pleasure Anime for me.  It combines elements of romance, comedy, life lessons and beautiful women: think Tenchi without the scifi.  It’s been a while since I checked this one out and would love to watch again with a reviewers eye.  Plus it’s got two of my favorite Anime female leads: Naru and Motoko (no relation to Kusinagi).

 

#4-X

So remember what I said above?  Well yeah 2016’s not going to be totally devoid of action.  Case in point with X, the TV series adaptation of the CLAMP Classic.  Swords and sorcery.  Man vs Nature.  Angels vs Demons.  X the Series has gotten a lot of back and forth reception since it first debuted.  I fondly remember it as one of the few series I rented from Blockbuster, beginning to end.  It got me hooked and I wonder if that nostalgia factor will help me enjoy it again…or see it’s faults idk this could be Escaflowne all over again.

 

#3-Rahxephon

Some may call this the sunnier version of Neon Genesis Evangelion.  I wouldn’t call it that exactly, but I do think Rahxephon rivals Evangelion in many ways.  This is partly from the slick animation.  Other eyes could fall to the more relatable and less irritable characters.  Whatever the case, whenever I pull this series out and begin watching it, I cant stop until it’s all done and that includes the OVA movie.  I do think Evangelion’s popularity tends to make people forget this gem.  And im more than game to review it so everyone knows how underrated and fun this scifi epicness can be.

 

#2-Code Geass

One of the highlights from this year was reviewing all of Mobile Suit Gundam 00.  I’m considering turning that kind of multi review a week project into a regular yearly feature if this blog goes on for that long.  I could do another Gundam series but chances are I’ll end up taking a look at Code Geass.  This series helped reinvigorate my interest in Anime in college and features one of the best season cliffhangers ever.  The second half of the series is one of the most controversial debates of all time and im def on the side of, the first half of Season 2 is a waste of time but the second half is genius.  Whatever the results are from another viewing, id love to just go right through both seasons like I did Gundam 00.  If I time it right I could maybe even time it for right before Otakon.  We’ll just have to see.

 

#1-Miyazaki Month

This isn’t a possibility.  This is official confirmation right now that I’ll be kicking off January 2016 with a month of Miyazaki films.  The only question is: which ones do I watch from the ones I have access to?  Well Spirited Away is a given.  So’s Princess Mononoke and My Neighbor Totoro.  That just leaves one spot open for another Miyazaki classic.  Chances are that ends up being Howl’s Moving Castle but I’m leaving my options open just incase I get another title.  So, a nice month long marathon of one of the most universally accepted Anime master makers: films equally enjoyed by adults as well as children.  Anime’s answer to Pixar take the Anime Corner by storm January 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment