Monday, June 8, 2015

Anime Corner Summer 2015 Plans

Hey everyone,

So with Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig wrapping up next week, feels like a good time to announce the rest of my Summer 2015 plans for Anime Corner.
 
 
 
 
The biggest of these two announcements is that of my biggest review endeavor yet.  Every year since my first Otakon, as the summer draws closer to the convention I partake in a rewatch of Mobile Suit Gundam 00, with the goal of finishing the series before the convention starts.  Well since it’s been a while since my last Gundam review and Gundam is what my internet handle is named after…why not go for broke and share my thoughts on the series with everyone?  Now this is going to be a marathon as this will be the longest series I have attempted to review yet (2 25 episode long seasons across 14 volumes).  So my goal is to do a three review a week approach.  That means in addition to my usual Monday posting, I will be posting new series reviews on Wednesday and Friday as well.  Barring any unexpected delays, ive calculated that the series finale review should be up by July 22, 2015, the day before Otakon 2015.  I know it’s a bit much but I hope you bear with me as I would not make this series an annual watch without good reason.

And to offset the extra length of TV series reviews this produces, after I take a week off due to Otakon, ill be heading into August with a month dedicated to films based on Anime series ive covered here in the past.  This includes Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, Macross Plus and the conclusion of the Stand Alone Complex saga (for the time being anyway) Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex-Solid State Society. 



 

Due to the renewed rate at which ill be posting these reviews, ill probably hold off on posting any “Classic Reviews” until Gundam 00 is finished.  If it cuts off in the middle of a set or close to the end of it, ill hold off but expect nothing but Gundam 00 for a bit.  Apologies but I’m actually running out of classic reviews to post and have to think of supplemental material to post once theyre all up.

It’s a long summer ahead but I hope everyone is ready for some fun.  I def cant wait to get back to Gundam 00 again.  Wondering if reviewing it will make me love it or hate it more, well we’ll see.  See ya next time everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment