Friday, August 30, 2024

Anime Corner-End of Summer/Start of Fall 2024 Update

Phew, somehow made it to the tail end of summer and it was more than just another hot one for me.  Honestly it’s still a miracle I can handle life hassles and still find time to keep up with Anime Corner updates but this is still where I find my most peace in stressful situations.  Anyway, enough gabbing about that.  It’s been a minute since my last update.  We had a jam packed June and July with Movies and Sailor Moon Crystal/Eternal.  With Otakon 2024 in the bag and Fall only a few short weeks away, what’s in story for the Gundam Anime Corner in start of the back third of 2024?  Let’s chat about that shall we?
 
September
Currently we’re closing in on the conclusion of The Case Study of Vanitas.  Once that case is closed, we’re opening up a whole new set for the back half of September.  Remember when I decided to postpone my look at the Psycho Pass: Sinners of the System Movie Trilogy back in June (I did look at the new Providence Movie)?  Well now they’re next on the docket.  I’ll be looking at all three films set at various points of the Psycho Pass Saga from the First Season through Psycho Pass: The Movie.  Plus, First Impression Friday’s return with the back half of Season Nine with new episodes going up every Friday up through the end of November. 
 

October
October is the month of monsters and scares and I always try to pick an Anime to cover that fits those parameters.  Last year I covered six movies so how do I try to top that?  By tackling one of the most high profile Horror Anime in the last few years…and it’s a feel good Zombie epic?  Yep, I’m looking at Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead.  The pilot blew me away two years ago and now I get to see if the rest of the series lives up to the high bar it set right out the gate.  Of course, I’ll try to navigate and schedule some more horror themed First Impression Fridays around that time and Top 5 Wednesday will have my always Halloween scheduled look at the Cosplays of Otakon and Katsucon 2024 as well.

 
November
2024 marks the official 70th anniversary of the King of the Monsters, Godzilla.  After a rather successful shuffle of Godzilla films last year which included Godzilla Minus One, I figured why not take on a third round of Godzilla features?  As it turns out, the films I chose are all from the same era and are all in release order too.  So Godzilla Month III will be covering the bulk of the Millenium Era, including: Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Attack; Godzilla Against MechaGodzilla; Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. & Godzilla: Final Wars.  Oh and as promised, for my birthday at the beginning of the month, I’ll finally be reviewing the final chapter of the Sailor Moon Reboot saga, Sailor Moon Cosmos.  Can it somehow fix the many problems of the Series Finale of Sailor Moon Sailor Stars?  I cant wait to find out.

We’ll talk about December and my plans for the end of the year around November but for now, that’s what’s on the docket for the next couple of months.  Hope you’re as pumped as I am.  See ya Next Monday for the penultimate chapter of The Case Study of Vanitas right here at the Gundam Anime Corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment