Saturday, November 20, 2021

Gundam Month Mark V-THE GAUNTLET PART 2 Announcement

Well, Dear Readers, we’re nearing the end of the year 2021.  Every Christmas I always try to have something special ready for the holidays, a treat I’ve been saving for my favorite time of the year.  In the past, that honors kind of gone to a special First Impression Friday feature where I cover the first episodes of Gundam centric shows I haven’t reviewed yet, known as FIF: GundamCember.  Well I ran out of first episodes to cover a couple of years back and 2020 was a mess of a year that gave me a lot of time to watch more Gundam.  Which brings us to here and now, what I have in store for December 2021.  The answer, Dear Readers, is another double whammy.  Last Christmas I covered Mobile Suit Gundam AGE and After War Gundam X back to back (along with Mobile Suit Gundam: Twilight Axis just cause).  This year: we’re back at it again, only this time, its two Gundam series that are closely connected to one another.  The last time I attempted this endevour, it was with Mobile Suit Gundam SEED and Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny and it was kind of a “gauntlet” to get through.  Well, it’s time for another round.  My Dear Readers, this Christmas comes the sequel I’ve been planning for over a year now (and originally this was going to be covered back during the summer before Otakon).  It’s time for GUNDAM MONTH MARK V-THE GAUNTLET PART 2!!!!! 
 
From December 1st right til the end of the year, December 31st, we’ll be looking at all of Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (including the New Translation Anniversary Films) and all of Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ.  For those who are unaware, these were the two prominent Gundam TV Anime in the 1980’s and the first major sequels to the original Mobile Suit Gundam series.  Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam picks up 7 years after the end of the One Year War and the power scene in the Earth Sphere has shifted dramatically.  A brand new dictatorship rules with an iron fist and it’s up to a coalition of freedom fighters, many of its members former One Year War rivals, to put a stop to them.  Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation is a trilogy of films released in 2005, marking the 20th Anniversary of Zeta, and contains brand new animated sequences mixed in with classic 80s footage and makes some major changes to the Zeta plotline, for better or worse.  Finally, Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ picks up right where Zeta left off and…well it’ll be a trip for sure.  Let’s just say I didn’t think my anger levels at a Gundam show could get any higher with Gundam SEED Destiny and Gundam AGE…I was so wrong.  Hence why this is THE GAUNTLET-PART 2!!!
 
Side Note: While unrelated to this event, I was originally going to stop the latest season of First Impression Friday at the end of November.  However, I’m close to a pretty big landmark with FIF and instead of holding off til sometime in 2022 (honestly with the stuff I have planned who knows when id bring it back and for how long), I’m going to just let FIF continue on and wrap the 6th Season at the end of the year.  Also, also, I’m gonna let Gundam Month Mark V run uninterrupted throughout December, no extra reviews popping up.  So, if you’re wondering if I’m gonna review The Matrix Resurrections for my blog…you’re absolutely right, it’ll just be kicking off 2022 instead of being reviewed on the day it’s released.
 
And yeah, I think that about covers things.  Hope everyone is enjoying Godzilla Month and is ready to rocket to the end of the new year in epic Gundam fashion.  Stay tuned for updates as to what’s coming to the Gundam Anime Corner in 2022.  I’ve had some time to think and I hope the titles I’ve picked out are both different and exciting.  Enjoy the reviews and I’ll see next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment