Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Anime Corner-End of 2023 Preview

Yeesh.  For a number of personal reasons, 2023 has sucked beyond belief, especially October.  Again, I wont get into why but some of those reasons have resulted in me changing up some plans for the Anime Corner for the next few months leading up to the Blogs 10th Anniversary.  I can say that because of work, my free time is severely limited, hence why I’ve gone back to a one review schedule for the remainder of the year (and maybe beyond but we’ll talk about that around New Years).  Still, this is my passion project and I intend to keep at it as often as possible.  This means reshuffling some titles and coming up with new ideas to keep the spark lit brightly.  Ergo, let’s go over what awaits us in the last couple of months of 2023.
 
November-Godzilla Month II
When I first thought of doing another round of Godzilla reviews, I aimed it for March since we have a new Godzilla vs. Kong movie coming in 2024 (SAG Strike permitting of course).  But then I realized, wait, there’s a brand new Godzilla movie coming out in Japan in November and arriving here in the States in December.  Thus, I’m swapping line ups.  The originally planned reviews of Psycho Pass: Sinners of the System and Psycho Pass: Providence, are moving to March 2024 as the lead in to the Blogs 10th Anniversary.  Taking their place is GODZILLA MONTH 2!!!!!  At the request of my good friend JMT 117, who has worked on some Godzilla content for me in the past for the Anime Corner, each week in November will be covering a different era of the King of the Monsters’ filmography including the Showa, Hesei and Millenium eras plus a review of the 2014 American Godzilla film.  And yes, Godzilla Minus One is on the docket.  If I can see it, it’ll be penciled in for a special New Years Eve review after a certain review set we’ll talk about in a second.  The King has come home to the Anime Corner, Hail to the King Baby.
 

December-Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
It’s all come down to this.  The journey that began back in Summer 2022 and spread itself throughout 2023 finally reaches it’s monumental conclusion and the hype has never been greater. I have never seen the Final Season of Sailor Moon due to it being long unavailable in the US until the license was acquired by ViZ in 2014.  So I’m heading into Sailor Moon Sailor Stars pretty much blind save for what I’ve heard about the newest additions to the mythos, the Sailor Starlights.  I do know that, unfortunately, Sailor Stars will first have to wrap up the cliffhanger left behind at the end of the abysmal rock bottom of the franchise I looked at back in September, Sailor Moon SuperS.  Hopefully we don’t waste too much time there before moving onto a big finish for the original 90s adventures of Usagi Tsukino and friends.  This is probably my most anticipated title of the year but can it make it into a slot on my Top 5 Best Titles of 2023?  We’ll see.
 
And, of course, we’ve got weekly new Top 5 Wednesdays and First Impression Friday crosses the 200th Episode threshold at the end of November, plus a special bonus entry too.  Not a bad way to close out a year I haven’t been too fond of.  But I’m not gonna let it affect my work on the thing I like to work on to get away from it all.  The Gundam Anime Corner rolls on and hopefully with the end of 2023 will come bigger things for 2024.  See ya Next Monday for the start of Godzilla Month II with Godzilla Raids Again, right here at the Gundam Anime Corner.

1 comment: