Wednesday, August 5, 2020

T5W#260-Top 5 Otakon 2015 Cosplays

Over the last month my Top 5’s have been dedicated to the Cosplays of Otakons Past…wow I really should’ve called it that from the get go…basically covering the Otakons whose cosplays I hadn’t covered yet (2010-2015).  Last week would have been Otakon 2020.  With it not happening, I instead left a nice little love letter to the Con I call home (you can check it out here: http://gundamanimeblog.blogspot.com/2020/08/otakon-experience.html).  However, there is still one Otakon worth of Cosplays I haven’t covered yet here at the Anime Corner.  So while we’ll be back to regular business next week on T5W, it’s time to close out this little T5W mini series, I present my Top 5 Otakon 2015 Cosplays.  

#5-Domon Kasshu
As much as it pains me to say, Gundam cosplay has become increasingly rare over the years.  While it’s awesome to see people make their own versions of the Mobile Suits themselves, actual characters from the show are even more rare.  G Gundam definitely doesn’t get enough representation, least of all it’s do or die protagonist Domon Kasshu.  So cudos to this awesome cosplayer for capturing the Future Century Hero in all his rage fueled glory complete with his mobile trace outfit (probs easier to get into that thing than the actual suit in the show im sure).


#4-Asami
The Legend of Korra wrapped up its run at the tail end of 2014, so it was still in the heart of nerds everywhere in Summer 2015.  This went double for those who’s hopes that Korra and Asami would end up a couple.  After all, seeing Asami in that amazing dress would have anyone confessing they wanted to be with her.  Look no further than this cosplayer recreating that dress and no doubt getting tons of Korra and various male suitors looking for her hand.


#3-Korra
Speaking of, this was the first year I met this Korra Cosplayer, Waterwriter, creator of Drunken Cosplay and Drunken Reviews.  Her love of fandom knows few equals and her fun loving personality translates into all of her cosplays, especially her Korra.  Korra is probably one of Waterwriters favorite characters and I consider this her flagship cosplay, one that just keeps looking better and better whenever I see it. 

You can see all of her Drunken Cosplay and Reviews right her:
https://www.youtube.com/user/waterwriter144


#2-Ez8 Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team is one of my all time favorite Gundam titles and contains one of my favorite Gundam models: the Ez8.  It may not look like a traditional Gundam, especially in the head, because it was made up from various spare Ground Model Gndam parts.  But it’s still a kick ass mecha and my jaw dropped to the floor when I saw someone had brought this jungle crashing behemoth to life, with actual lights too.  I don’t know how much time and effort cosplayers who do these kinds of cosplays put in…but man do they have my respect forever.


#1-Queen Beryl
The Queen of the Darkness has never looked better.  This Queen Beryl had everyones attention at Otakon 2015.  I actually got to talk with her for a moment and we both laughed when I asked her if it was difficult to move around.  This was definitely a cosplay that once you saw it, you weren’t going to forget it for the rest of the weekend…or ever for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment