Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Gundam Anime Corner-The Summer of Fate


Well we have crossed the threshold of Summer…It’s gotta be May (sorry I had to).  And that means I can finally announce my annual mega series review for the year.  For those new, in the weeks leading up to Otakon (or random vacation on the off chance I cant go there), I choose an in and around 50 episode series to review over an accelerated period of time.  So to get through it all, in addition to the usual Monday reviews, I also throw in reviews on Wednesdays and Fridays.  It gets busy for sure.  The first year I did this it was with Mobile Suit Gundam 00.  In 2016 I tackled Code Geass Season 1 and 2 and last year I finally got around to reviewing all of Gundam Wing.  So which series have I chosen to join the ranks of these long and totally covered shows?  Well its going to be two of them (combined they make about 50+ episodes) and I was going to review them last year before I decided to do Gundam Wing (I was in a bad place last summer).  This summer will be THE SUMMER OF FATE!!! Yep, starting July 9 and running til roughly August 8 (the day before Otakon), I will be covering back to back shows from the Fate/Stay Night franchise.  First up, the epic prequel series, Fate/Zero, which many claim is the epitome of how good Fate can be.  After that, it’s a return of some familiar faces with a new telling of the trials of Shiro Emiya and (my waifu) Rin Tohsaka with Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works.  Doing these shows back to back wont be easy but I put this off for over a year and I don’t want to wait on it any longer.  Not sure if im gonna do exclusive Fate/Stay themed Top 5 Wednesdays like I did with Gundam Wing last year but anything can happen.  Hope you guys are ready for two generations of epic clashes…and morally questionable individuals…and hot chicks…and the head through a wall level of stupid that is Shiro Emiya. 
 
The Summer of Fate stars July 9, 2018 right here on the Gundam Anime Corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment