Friday, April 13, 2018

First Impression Friday-Season 3 Announcement


Yep, it’s happening once again.  First Impression Fridays is coming back.  For those new to this (and I understand that since I take wicked long hiatuses with this one), FIF features my initial thoughts on the first 1-3 episodes of random titles of my choosing.  On rare occasion, these might lead to full series reviews (like with Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040, Fate/Stay Night and Free: Eternal Summer).  But these will largely be stand alone pieces that ill either continue with or just leave them at their initial watch.  Now as to WHEN FIF will be back…I haven’t settled on a date yet.  If I was on my A-Game and I was still watching Toonami on Saturday Nights, I would have done a surprise return with a feature on FLCL: Alternative after its surprise airing on April Fools Day.  Sadly, that’s wasn’t the case but wanting to do initial thoughts on both FLCL: Progressive and FLCL: Alternative lead to me bringing FIF back in the first place.  Ideally, id want to start things up again when FLCL: Progressive begins in June but I don’t think I want to wait that long.  Also id probably only want to do a small batch of FIFs before going into my big summer series and maybe bringing FIF back again in September when FLCL: Alternative is set to debut.  You what…ok…ok ive got it.  Here and now: FRIDAY MAY THE 4TH…FIRST IMPRESSION FRIDAY SEASON 3 BEGINS!!!  I guess rather then debuting it at the start, FLCL 2 will fall somewhere in the middle.  No biggie.  Cant wait to bring this one back and I hope everyone else is excited too.  Ive seen a few new titles (to me anyway) that id like to talk about and who knows, maybe some of them will turn into full series reviews one day.  Thanks for reading and see ya around.

(Side note: I just found out FLCL: Progressive will debut on June 2, 2018 so it’ll be the 6th FIF feature of this new season…so yeah like I said, it’ll fall somewhere in the middle lol). 

No comments:

Post a Comment