Saturday, March 31, 2018

The Gundam Anime Corner 4th Anniversary


March 31, 2014.  In an effort to work on more short story writing, I set forth on a weekly assignment for myself: review Anime.  My strategy was simple-if it’s a set then review one disc a week; if it’s a movie review it and if its part of a set then review one movie a week…simple really.  My first title was one I had just purchased: Eden of the East, which I reviewed in 4 weeks (the entire series plus the two sequel films).  Four years later, ive covered a total of 141 titles from TV Series to Feature Films from all across the Anime spectrum.  Ive even had a chance to review several live action films too, some based on Anime and others that have impacted or been impacted heavily by the genre.  I know this blog was created itself in 2015 but I often think back to when my first review was written on this day 4 years ago that it really was birthed…plus its my blog so there.  There have been times where ive felt pressured by myself to deliver good reviews and commentary, even when I didn’t want to finish a title because I got bored with it or because it was bad (there have been a couple).  In the end though, I still get a thrill out of taking time out of my week to watch a disc of Anime and jot down my thoughts, feelings and general observations.  Some reviews hold a special place in my heart.  Others could have been done better and some have turned out surprisingly well when they turned into pure rants.

It’s been a long 4 years.  Much has changed with me, both good and bad.  But this blog definitely sits on the good side of my life.  And if you’re reading this little blurb from me, I just want to say thank you.  Even if you don’t leave a comment, I hope that whatever you’ve glimpsed on my blog either got you interested in a title, changed your mind on something, or just seemed cool enough to check out for a quick second.  I’m not sure who’s reading and who isn’t but I appreciate anyone stopping by anytime.  Ive got some fun titles and features ready for Year 5 of this blog and I hope everyone is looking forward to more good times.

Here’s to 4 years and more to come…and as always, Welcome to the Gundam Anime Corner.  Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment