Thursday, June 15, 2017

Change of Summer Plans


Hey everyone,
To say this summer has been rough is a bit of an understatement, hell this year as a whole hasn’t been the greatest for me.  Making things more interesting besides the hunt of a better job is the fact that my funds are at their lowest ever and that means that I will not be attending Otakon this year.  I’m bummed to say the least but until I can get in a better financial state, this is the way things will have to be.  Now, while thinking about this, ive also started thinking about the Anime Corner as well.  I was having a lot of fun writing my nostalgia filled Top 5 this week (see here: http://gundamanimeblog.blogspot.com/2017/06/t5w96-top-5-things-i-miss-from-my.html ).  Thinking about those fun times as a younger otaku, compared to where I am overall in life, I miss them a lot.  And I miss some of those shows I mentioned, one in particular.

So, what’s this pity party explanation leading to?  It’s this: I’m back off of reviewing Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works as my big summer series.  Sorry if this disappoints some people but I just don’t feel as strongly about reviewing it as I once did.  I need to focus on titles I’m more pumped to review and ones that get me excited.  And I think I know which title will take that slot.

I’m happy to announce that starting mid July, following the conclusion of Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, I’ll be reviewing the timeless classic…MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM WING!!! 
The entire series is available on Crunchyroll to view and it’s long past due I gave this show another watch.  What better way to enjoy it this time than to review it in the process.  I might even find new love for it (or things to get comedically angry about) just like when I reviewed Gundam 00 a couple of years back.  The schedule of reviews is going to differ as well.  Instead of the Monday, Wednesday and Friday scheduling that I did with Gundam 00 and Code Geass, I’ll be posting reviews on Monday and Friday, similar to what I did back in April with Gundam 0080 and Gundam 0083.  This way, I have enough time to watch about 5 episodes per set and give them proper reviews.  It’s gonna be a bit long but I think I can manage and I know I’m going to have fun covering it all.

I do feel bad for the Fate/Stay series but I’ll work on getting it into the rotation somewhere down the line (2017 is pretty much mapped out in full now but more on that at a later time).  Right now, I need to focus on staying positive about my life situation and not despair too much about losing time at Otakon for the first time in seven years.  And Gundam Wing might be the show that keeps my spirits up.

Thanks for reading and hearing me out.  Look for more Full Metal Panic Fumoffu next week and keep an eye out 4th of July weekend for a special title review before I jump on Gundam Wing.

See ya guys later.

No comments:

Post a Comment