Thursday, March 30, 2017

Gundam Month Mark II Announcement



Break out the cake, it's a celebration bitches!!!
 
It’s been three years since I started this blog (well three years since I started writing Anime reviews, you can find the dates on older entries from 2015 so I say three).  As a writer, I’ve grown more confident sharing my thoughts on Anime and learned a bit more about my tastes comparing now to what I was like twenty years ago getting into the genre.  I could spend time reflecting on this newfound growth, but I wont for now.  Instead, I’m writing to let you guys know that to kick off Year 4 of the Gundam Anime Corner, I’m going to start it off both big and right.  And I’m gonna start by dedicating it to this blogs namesake, Kidou Senshi Gundam.
I am pleased to announce…GUNDAM MONTH MARK II.  This is my highly anticipated follow up to an event I did my first year writing where I did a triple feature marathon of three back to back Gundam movies: Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz; Gundam: Char’s Counterattack; and Gundam F91.  While I have done tons of Gundam since then, I haven’t made an event out of them (except maybe when I did a summer long marathon of Gundam 00).  Anyway, Gundam Month Mark II will include reviews of two OVAS: Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket and Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory.  I’ll also be dedicated four weeks of Top 5 Wednesday’s to this month, hence my decision to announce it as an event.  The reviews will be coming a bit frequently in some cases.  Expect all of Gundam 0080 to be rolled out in one week.  Gundam 0083 starts afterwards on normal schedule but the last two parts will be posted in the last week of April (One Monday and One Friday).  This frees up a little more space for some titles to follow for the start of summer.
As you may have noticed, Gundam is a huge part of my Anime viewing experience and I never shy away from the chance to give it it’s proper due, especially reminding newer fans that there’s more to it (good or bad) beyond Iron Blooded Orphans or Wing.  So here’s one of those chances.  The sequel I have been waiting to do for three years.  Gundam Month Mark II begins April 3 with the start of Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket.
 
It uh...also doesn't hurt that im doing this in April when Gundam turns 38...so there.  Special thanks to the folks at Gunpla101 that I met at Katsucon this past February.  Chatting with you guys made me want to do this.  Be sure to check out their Facebook and main pages linked bellow

2 comments:

  1. Happy third blogging anniversary! Can't wait for April and your latest project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm putting the finishing touches on the reviews for both shows and, ive gotta say, these have definitely been some of my favorites to write. I hope you enjoy them

      Delete