Wednesday, April 6, 2016

T5W#34-Top 5 Favorite Sailor Moon Cosplays


Been a bit under the weather the last couple of days, so I’ll do something simple this week.  For those who didn’t know, Sailor Moon Crystal returned this week for its third season.  This means we get the long awaited, next generation animation arrival of fan favorites Sailor Uranus, Sailor Neptune and Sailor Saturn.  I thought about doing a Top 5 Sailor Senshi edition for this week.  To honor the return though, figured id go a different route.  Sailor Moon is easily one of the most cosplayed series out there.  You cant go to a convention without seeing a few dozen Senshi walking around.  Plus the photoshoots, man the gatherings are epic.  So to commemorate the return of everyones favorite pretty guardian in a Sailor Suit, I present to you my Top 5 Favorite Sailor Moon cosplays.  Wont be saying too much.  I think their amazing craft kind of speaks for itself.


#5-Sailor Venus (Calssara)
Many on this list capture the look and feel of a Sailor Senshi so well, they might as well have been plucked right from the Anime or Manga.  European cosplayer, Calssara, just rolled out this Sailor Venus cosplay and wow is it beyond lovely.  You can tell lots of time and care went into this one, it looks so freaking authentic.

 

#4-Sailor Neptune (Mostflogged)
Sailor Neptune has always been one of my all time favs.  She’s so elegant and graceful and mysterious.  And Mostflogged captured all of that with her cosplay.  Whoever her Sailor Uranus is, theyre one lucky Senshi to have her playing the violin for them.

 

#3-Sailor Moon (Dejavudea)
Ive praised Dejavudea to no end.  She’s just an incredible, fun loving person with a big heart.  I told her in person that I think of her as a real life superheroine.  So it makes sense that one of her best cosplays is Anime’s most honorable superheroine out there.  In the name of the moon, she’d punish villains…or give a reassuring hug to anyone who needed it, to let them know everything was going to be ok.  If anyone was to be a real life Usagi Tsukino, I wish it was Dejavudea.

 

#2-Sailor Jupiter (Katie Cosplays)
Katie Cosplays has always been one of my most liked and legendary cosplayers out there.  From Ms Marvel to Catwoman, she’s knocked it out of the park with excellent, attention to detail cosplays.  From what I understand, she’s also pretty tall too.  Makes this Sailor Jupiter cosplay all the more effective. She just radiates the strength and confidence of one of the Senshi’s heaviest hitters. 

 

#1-Sailor Mars (Luvnatsu)
When I spotted this cosplayer in a photoshoot with a group of Inner Senshi, one thought crossed my mind: if they ever do a live action Sailor Moon movie, or another live action TV Series (Yes it does exist) these are the girls they should go to.  Luvnatsu looked like the perfect embodiment of my favorite Senshi.  It was easy to be at a loss for words.  I’m sure I said something like, “Your cosplay is awesome” but that never did it the justice deserved.  Hope it’s not the last time I spot her at a convention.  She really set the bar for Sailor Mars cosplayers everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment