Wednesday, October 7, 2015

T5W#8-My Sister’s Top 5 Anime Squee Moments


As the title might indicate, this weeks list was a suggestion from the little sister herself.  My sister and I have been watching Anime as far back as Dragon Ball Z on Saturday mornings.  But much like it was for me, greater love for Anime didn’t hit her until Gundam Wing.  We bonded over that show immensely and today she’s sometimes finding me new shows and movies (Soul Eater, Psycho Pass) to enjoy and occasionally I can talk her into one as well (Gundam 00).  This may have seemed like a joke at the time but I fully intended to take it seriously.  So shout out to the sis, these are her Top 5 Anime Squee Moments

 

#5-Ryo-Ohki Arrives

Throw in as much cuteness as you can and my sister will be sold on most series.  Tenchi Muyo was an odd one to see she enjoyed.  Did she really get a lot out of a warrior in training surrounded by six beautiful women, some competing for his attention?  Not sure tbh.  But she did get extremely googly eyed over the arrival of the tiny furball that was Ryo-Ohki.  A Cabit (it looks like a whiskered bunny and says MEOW) of unparalled cuteness and capable of transforming into a spaceship at will, it’s the perfect fuzzball package any girl would want.  You could snuggle with it overnight then use it to get to work the next day…just so long as it gets its carrots, like I said, part bunny.

 

#4-Ein Arrives

Anyone can love Cowboy Bebop for it simply being a totally awesome, accessible Anime for everyone.  But again, the cuteness was a draw in one regard: the data dog Welsh Korgi Ein.  His first appearance in Episode 2 upped the AWWW factor to an otherwise fun but dark series.  Ein put Korgi’s back on the map big time and im sure if my sister wanted a pet dog, that’s the one she’d go for.  Hell, she’d probably name him Ein as well.

 

#3-First Transformation of Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune


Everyone loved Sailor Moon growing up, myself included.  But it was the first appearance of everyones favorite Senshi In Love Duo that threw the shows popularity into overdrive.  Not only were Uranus and Neptune the epitome of bad ass in my sisters book but they also had the best transformation sequences.  I mean just listen to that music alongside them, so fierce and elegant and a full blown announcement of plenty of ass just waiting to be kicked?  My sis is a fan of girls in Anime who can kick ass and these two set a high bar to follow.

 

#2-First Appearance of Deathsythe Hell (SPOILERS!!!)

So remember when I said my sister and I really got our Anime bonding in with Gundam Wing?  Imagine how we both felt when our favorite tool of destruction, the Gundam Deathsythe was finally destroyed by the enemy.  We were gutted to say the least.  But our sorrow didn’t last long.  My sister was practically cheering when the Gundam Deathsythe Hell was rolled out for the first time.  With a cloak of invisibility that deflected beams and a kick ass twin beam sythe, her bad boy Gundam was reborn and better than ever.  It’s taken some effort to get my sister into more Gundam and I partly blame this suit for stealing her heart.

 

#1-First Appearance of Duo Maxwell

Well if the Gundam was #2, of course the pilot is #1.  Duo Maxwell, bringer of death, destruction and a joke on the fly.  I know my sis was a fan of most of the core five pilots but I really think she would be alright if only Duo made it to the end ok.  How could you not love when this guy first appeared on the scene and unleashed his quote of bad assery, “You’ll all die.  Anyone who sees me has got a date with his maker.”  Tack on the excellent voice work of Scott McNeil and you’ve got the ponytailed pilot who makes girls swoon and thus has an eternal spot in my sisters heart.

Lots of hugs to ya little sis, keep watching Anime and sharing em with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment