Thursday, April 9, 2015

Welcome to the Anime Corner

Hey there,
So this is Gundam, hello to everyone and welcome to this little corner I have colonized for Anime. 

Anime has been part of my lifes blood, along with movies, since I was born.  Even before I found out what Anime was through official releases of Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon, Pokémon and Gundam Wing, I was unknowingly enjoying the art form through Voltron, Robotech and Ronin Warriors.  From it's larger than life characters to fast paced action to deep and complex story telling, Anime feels like it has no boundaries and no limitations to the tales it can tell.

While I enjoy most shows for fun, the film lover in me also loves to critique shows and films from time to time.  Hence this little blog site.  I've been writing on several shows and movies for about a year now and feel the time is right to share them with you dear reader.  So while I will begin my posts with the current series I'm review, Escaflowne.  I'll be back tracking to post my reviews of past film and tv anime series until they're all up.

I haven't settled on a set schedule yet.  Typically how these reviews would work is: if it's a film series, simple, one film a week.  If it's a TV series, I'm borrowing from my own personal DVD collection so I'd review one volume a time (3-6 episodes a week), a nice sizable chunk.  So right now I'm three weeks into Escaflowne and will post those reviews in the next day or so.  The set I have is 8 volumes long (the first two have 4 episodes each while everything else has 3 each).  So in order to not spend too much time here, I reviewed the first two volumes and am reviewing 2 volumes a week now til the end of Escaflowne.  Such changes to reviewing could pop up but ill let everyone know in advance so im keeping the series or films changing every 3-4 weeks depending.

Anyway, I think I've rambled enough.  If anyone stopping by enjoys Anime or is looking to get into a series or is just searching for something to read to kill time, take a look around.  And thanks for stopping by too.  Feel free to comment and let me know if any review peeks your interest, I'd be happy to reply or make recommendations.

Welcome to the Anime Corner.


No comments:

Post a Comment