Friday, March 1, 2024

The March to Year 11

February and Katsucon have come and gone and now we’re in the home stretch to the Gundam Anime Corner’s 10th Anniversary.  And once that’s done, Year 11 kicks off on April 1.  Since this is huge, momentous occasion I’ve been planning some equally big things for the month of March. As has become customary it seems, I’m here to give you a breakdown of the goodies coming in the next couple of weeks and we celebrate my blogs 10th Birthday.
 
Reviews
If you’ll recall, my first Top 5 Wednesday in January was a list of potential titles I could make the official 10th Anniversary Review.  If you’re in need of a refresher, head on over to the list here: http://gundamanimeblog.blogspot.com/2024/01/t5w438-top-5-titles-im-considering-for.html I did a poll on which of these five options fans would want to see take the coveted slot and the decision has been made.  What that decision is, you’ll have to keep checking in to find out.  That’s right, I’ll be posting the reviews in order from least voted up to the winner on March 31, 2024.  There’s one small hiccup though.  As I theorized, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Freedom still hasn’t made landfall stateside, though considering how much business it’s doing at the Japanese Box Office I’m surprised it hasn’t yet.  And I’ve pretty much exhausted most of the Gundam options over the last ten years (more on that in a second), save for Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury, which will kick off Year 11 on April 1.  So I need a fifth title to look at.  While I figure that out, enjoy my reviews of Doomed Megalopolis, Spirited Away: Live on Stage, Macross Zero and The Boy and the Heron throughout the month of March.
 

New Miniseries: Ranking Gundam
When I mentioned having nearly exhausted a lot of my Gundam review options save for G Witch, I wasn’t kidding. Turns out I’ve looked at more than 40 titles in the Gundam Franchise from TV Series to Movies to OVAs, from Mobile Suit Gundam to Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans.  Seeing as how the franchise turns 45 in April and my blog proudly carries its name, I’m gonna be taking a walk down memory lane with Ranking Gundam.  This 4 part miniseries will see me ranking every single Gundam title I’ve reviewed at the Anime Corner for the last 10 years from Worst to Best based on the scores I’ve given them. There’s gonna be a lot each week, upwards of maybe 12 titles a piece but more than likely I’ll just post my final thoughts from their actual reviews or type up a quick paragraph of fresh thoughts for the few I’ve done in compilation reviews.  Schedule wise, this event will kick off Next Thursday, March 4th, replacing Gunpla Builder Thursday.    
 
As for Top 5 Wednesday and First Impression Friday, they’ll continue as usual.  Actually, the end of the month will see my 450th T5W, as well as the Mid Season Finale of FIF with new episodes set to return after Otakon in August.  Well that about covers everything I’ve got planned.  Be sure to check out a new episode of First Impression Friday covering the first episode of Netflix's Adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender, and I'll see you Next Monday for the first of five mystery reviews, as we start the March to Year 11, right here at the Gundam Anime Corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment