Sunday, January 1, 2023

Welcome to the Gundam Anime Corner 2023

Greetings Dear Readers and Weary Travelers and welcome to my little corner of the universe that I like to call the Gundam Anime Corner.  Begun back in 2014 as a means of trying to stay inspired to write short stories, the Gundam Anime Corner has become one of the biggest and longest running endeavors of my entire life.  From Anime Reviews to Top 5 Lists to First Impressions to Convention Reports and Franchise Retrospectives, I’ve tackled a lot over the nearly last 10 years.  Speaking of, 2023 begins the long march to the 10th Anniversary of the Gundam Anime Corner and as such, I’m planning on going big this year with the longest and biggest series I’ve covered to date.  And it is my hope that all readers, new and old, will join me on this lengthy journey that will hopefully see me trying new features (some that have been in the works for over a year and I still need to crack) and appeasing everyone with praise of good titles and furious frustrations at the terrible ones.  2023 is gonna be big, pure and simple.  So why don’t I break things down a little for what’s coming in the next few months?
 
The Year of Sailor Moon
Last Summer, for my Extended Summer Series Review, I took a look at the First Season of Sailor Moon with plans to follow through with the remaining 4 seasons later on, well that’s gonna be the key feature of 2023.  Althroughout the year, I’ll be look at the remaining 4 seasons of the original 90s mega classic as well as the trio of Feature Films that follow Seasons 2-4.  How about a more precise breakdown eh?
 
January 2023-Sailor Moon R
February 2023-Sailor Moon R: The Movie
May 2023-Sailor Moon S & Sailor Moon S: The Movie
September 2023-Sailor Moon SuperS & Sailor Moon SuperS: The Movie
December 2023-Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars
Fun Fact: I’d originally planned to review SuperS and Sailor Stars back to back in December…but then I decided to add on the movies and instead of looking at them after the entire show was done I chose to look at them after I finished each season, hence pushing SuperS to September.


Two Reviews a Week…All Year Long
The beginning of the COVID-19 Pandemic left a lot of us indoors with nothing to do but wait for vaccines and binge a lot of TV and Movies.  One such result of this for me was watching a ton of Anime in preparation for reviews on the blog.  In fact, I’d looked at so much that in 2021, after years of doing singular reviews a week for almost 8 years, I decided to do TWO reviews a week, every Monday and Friday, for the first half of the year.  This continued on into 2022 and while my life has gotten a bit busier with a new job which axes a lot of free time, I still want to stay committed to this.  Besides, we’re nearing a major milestone, why not go bigger?  So, the two reviews a week plan isn’t stopping just before Otakon, instead it’ll continue on til the end of 2023…which given the schedule of Sailor Moon Reviews plus my Extended Series Summer Review, I might as well. 
 

First Impression Friday: Season 8 (and the Countdown to FIF#200)
Back in 2016, I began my third major weekly feature at the Gundam Anime Corner, First Impression Friday.  The idea came from watching random episodes of something at a Convention and just wanting to share what I thought about what I saw.  These aren’t reviews per say but initial thoughts…though nothings stopped me from reviewing some of these titles in full down the line.  Normally, I split FIF into two parts going up over two stretches during the year.  That’s going to continue in 2023, starting this Friday with two back to back FIFs focused on the Super Sentai Series that inspire the Power Rangers franchise (yes I do Live Action Reviews here too).  The first half of FIF Season 8 will continue until the end of March before breaking until after Otakon in August.  Once it does return, however, FIF continues uninterrupted until the end of the year…where, if i’ve mapped things out correctly, I will reach my 200th First Impression Friday and I know exactly what it will be…everyone else will have to wait and see.
 

Reviews through March
Naturally, my main pride and joy of this blog are my Reviews of Anime TV Series, Movies, OVAs and everything in between.  Besides looking at Sailor Moon R in January, the next couple of months are all set and ready to go…well mostly.  February will continue the Girl Power Centric vibes of 2022 with a whole month of romantic themed Anime starting with the two currently only seasons of My Next Life as a Villainess: All Roads Lead to Doom before jumping back to Sailor Moon with Sailor Moon R: The Movie and my long awaited sequel review to my favorite Anime that I reviewed in 2022: Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl.  I’m still kind of torn on what to review for March 2023 and that includes the 9th Anniversary Review (I cant seem to settle on anything).  I can confirm that to celebrate the release of Resident Evil 4 Remake, I’ll be taking a look at the other two CG Resident Evil films I haven’t reviewed yet, Resident Evil: Degeneration and Resident Evil: Damnation. 
 
Whew, I have planned big this year, haven’t I? (all of this plus my weekly Top 5 Wednesday lists).  Well it’s for my blog, which I love.  And it’s for the readers who pass by and want to be entertained for a little bit, or a lot.  This is where you can come and relax, get informed and laugh or find a title you might not have heard of or want to revisit.  This is my blog, my home, this is The Gundam Anime Corner.  Make yourself at home and buckle up for the wildest, biggest year of the blog yet.  Kick things off with the second half of my two part review of Kakegurui Twin (Up now probably) and I’ll see you here tomorrow for the Premiere Review of Sailor Moon R, right here at the Gundam Anime Corner.  See ya then.

No comments:

Post a Comment