Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Gundam Anime Corner-Fall 2021 Sneak Peaks

Seriously, I freaking BLINKED…and August was over and done with.  2021 picked a helluva time to really kick things into overdrive, so the Gundam Anime Corner has to match it a bit.  It hasn’t been that long since my last update but I’ve got some new projects in the works that are starting…well in the next couple of days and you know I like to keep everyone apprised of stuff like that.  Trust me, now there’s plenty good reasons why I went back to one review a week and it has to do with more than just First Impression Friday returning for it’s 6th Season.  Let’s break everything down from September-November.

September
So September is gonna be busier than I envisioned a few months back.  Our main feature will be a look back at the early days of Dragon Ball with a Dragon Ball Movie Marathon.  We’ll be looking at the trilogy length rise of Goku with Curse of the Blood Rubies, Sleeping Princess in Devil’s Castle and Mystical Adventure, then just a few years down the line for the franchise 10th Anniversary film, Path to Power.  On top of that we’ll have a special First Impression Friday event dedicated to everyones favorite Robots in Disguise, The Transformers.  But the true big announcement…remember that Gundam Wing Anime/Manga comparison I did back in 2020?  We’ll I’m gonna try again, this time with Neon Genesis Evangelion.  I’ll be looking at the 14 Volume Manga and stacking it against it’s legendary Anime counterpart in Final Impact: An Evangelion Gundam Anime Corner Special…took me a long time to settle on that title.  Also, No, this isn’t in response to the release of Evangelion 3.0+1.0-Thrice Upon A Time, I’d been thinking about this for a while…so just to clear that up.
 

October
The Season of Screams and Scares.  Every October I try to find something from the wide world of horror themed Anime to look at and we’ve seen Vampires with Big Guns, Ninjas with Supernatural capabilities and even an Anime adaptation of a legendary US TV Show from the CW.  This year, we’re back to Vampires but with slick swords and…luxurious golden blonde hair?  Now that it’s wrapped up, I’m finally able to review the hit Netflix Anime, Castlevania.  Looking forward to revisiting this one and giving it a nice thurough review.  I’m also planning some Halloween themed Top 5s and First Impressions to add to the October fun, including a look at some of the Cosplays I saw at Otakon 2021 and my First Thoughts on High School of the Dead and Jujutsu Kaisen.
 

November
So fun story:  Seven years I’ve been working on this little blog of mine and every so often I will take requests from good friends who want to see something reviewed.  How the heck have I been doing this for so long and I haven’t done one for one of my longest and best friends.  You might know him as JMT117, who’s written a couple of my Godzilla themed Top 5 lists in the past.  So I asked him and after a moment he said “Well, what about some more Godzilla?”  BOOM, request received.  November will be GODZILLA MONTH!!!!  At the request of JMT117, I’ll be looking at 4 Godzilla movies of his choice…I say 4 even though there are 5 Mondays in November because there’s no way I’m doing a Godzilla month and not reviewing the legend that started it all too.  So look forward to Gojira, Mothra vs. Godzilla, Invasion of Astro Monster, Godzilla vs. Gigan and Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla.  And, as extra icing on the cake, I’ll be doing a special bonus review of the latest Godzilla Anime, Godzilla: Singular Point.  The King of the Monsters will finally have his day, or rather his month, over at the Gundam Anime Corner.
 
Damn, i know how to jam pack my months with content.  New Reviews, New Top 5’s, New FIFs and a brand new weekly miniseries.  See ya Monday for the start of our Dragon Ball Movie Marathon with Curse of the Blood Rubies.  Welcome to the Gundam Anime Corner Fall 2021…buckle up and hang on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment