Thursday, June 27, 2019

Summer 2019 Check In


Greetings Dear Readers.  Well the clear signs of summer are upon us…in other words it is getting pretty damn hot outside.  And it looks like things have been steadily heating up right here at the Anime Corner too.  K-ON! Kicked off the month of June in spectacular fashion and we’ll be wrapping up Matrix Week with The Animatrix over the next couple of days.  Now normally I do a special review for the 4th of July holiday.  Well since the holiday falls during my next big series and I don’t want to interrupt it, not only are you getting Matrix Week but a special bonus review this Sunday, June 30th.  I think you’ll like what I have in mind.
Which takes us into July.  It’s that time of year again, the time of rapid fire reviews and the countdown to another Otakon.  And what is this years Extended Series Review?  Well since I just so happen to do a Gundam series every other year, how about TURN A GUNDAM!!!  That’s right.  Mobile Suit Gundam’s 20th Anniversary series also turns (no pun intended) 20 itself this year and I’m ready to take it all on.  That means 50 episodes and two compilation movies (Earth Light and Moonlight Butterfly)  coming to your screens during normal reviews days aka Monday as well as Wednesday and Friday.  Also expect a split in the Top 5’s during the month of July: Two Gundam and Two Anime Convention themed entries.  It’s going to be fun.
As is normal tradition, I usually take a break from reviews the Monday I return from a weekend long convention.  But while there may be a review I sneak in later that week, the week after Otakon 2019 returns us to business as usual and we’re closing out Summer 2019 with a special world tour with Ryu an Ken.  That’s right, those guys from that game you might know.  As recommended to me by a good friend, I’m doing Street Fighter II V, kicking off Mid August and taking us to Mid September (I wonder if ill like it more than Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie).  We’ll also see the return of First Impression Fridays and they’ll be powering through almost uninterrupted until the end of the year…or until we reach the landmark 100th FIF in and around November…and I still don’t know what title will fill that incredible spot but hey ive got time and a ton of fun first impressions waiting in the meantime.
And that’s about it for this little update.  Next time I do one of these the weather will be cooler and fall with be right around the corner and ive got some major plans to close out 2019 on, including the epic conclusion to The Year of The Slayers with Slayers Revolution and Slayers Evolution R.  Hope everyone is having a fun summer in the meantime.  Keep checking in and ill see you guys around Dear Readers. V.

No comments:

Post a Comment