Sunday, March 31, 2019

The Gundam Anime Corner 5th Anniversary


On March 31, 2014, I sat down to write my first review for what I would begin as simply the “Anime Corner”.  However, when I finally decided to make a proper blog for my collection of reviews, I renamed it “The Gundam Anime Corner,” and ive stuck with that name ever since.  Since I go by when I wrote my first review (Eden of the East) and not the actual 2015 date when I started posting here, that’s generally how ive judged the birthday of this little project.  Though I guess I shouldn’t call it “little” anymore lol.  5 years is a long time to be covering all kind of Anime, live action features, conventions, cosplay, yeesh ive written a ton now that I think about it.  That said, i have so much love for this blog.  It’s been my go to place to share my thoughts on Anime both classic and new and a place I can come to in order to vent or get away from some very bad days.  Whether or not you’ve followed me from the beginning, are only now just discovering my little corner of the universe, or just stopping in for a quick peek, I just want to say Thank You to everyone, one and all.  I hope that some random review, Top 5, First Impression or even a photo of a cosplay or convention moment has made you smile in some way.  Rest assured this blog isn’t going to halt anytime soon.  There’s a ton of Anime out there I could review…and kind of have to look out there cause ive just about covered all the titles I have on my shelf lol. 

Speaking of, how about a sneak peak of things to come in the first few months of Year 6 at the Gundam Anime Corner.

April
Right after my blog celebrates it’s 5th birthday, Year 6 kicks off with another celebration, the birthday of this blogs namesake.  And to commemorate a monumental 40 years in the world of Anime, im going back to the very beginning of the Gundam franchise.  Yep, starting April 1st im heading right into MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM!!!  That’s right, ill be covering all 42 episodes of the original series, plus the three compilation films: The Movie, Soldiers of Sorrow and Encounters in Space.  That’s not all though.  I guess we could call April Gundam Month Mark III cause I’m going all out again on Gundam features.  Top 5 Wednesday will feature all exclusive Gundam topics.  And as a special bonus feature, im dedicating Fridays to my own recounting of the last 40 years of Gundam with “The History of Gundam”, a 4 part special.  Oh and since Gundam 0079 is kind of on the long side, expect series reviews to pop up twice a week: one on the normal day, Monday, and the second on Friday. 

May
As soon as Mobile Suit Gundam wraps up, the Year of the Slayers continues.  Lina Inverse, Goury Gabbriev and their allies are back for a third round of fun with the epic third season of Slayers, Slayers Try.  The world has literally opened up for everyones merry demon slaying, treasure hunting band of misfits.  Will Try match the overwhelming success of Slayers Next?  We’ll find out in the month of May.  Oh and keep an eye out for a review involving a certain “KING OF THE MONSTERS” towards the end of the month too.

June
Shoutout to the Baltimore Anime Denizens, because their amazing panel at Katsucon is what inspired me to select June’s title.  Anime doesn’t always have to be about epic fantasy or fast paced scifi (shocking I know).  Sometimes I can just be about five girls chilling out in a club room at school who just so happen to practice rock music.  Yep, im dusting off my Season 1 DVD and covering the debut episodes of the moe J-Rock hit, K-On.  Cant make any immediate promises on when/if ill get to the shows second season since I don’t have it.  But I remember the first season very fondly and cant wait to reunite with Yui, Ritsu, Mio, Mugi and Azuya.

July
Normally I try to do a special 4th of July review for the holiday.  I’m still doing that (I’ll keep it a surprise) but it’ll be coming closer to the end of June instead.  As per the norm, in the countdown to Otakon I usually review a series that is far longer than my normal 13-26 titles, and space them out in a way that the last review goes on the blog the day before Otakon.  This year, that begins right at the start of July with another Gundam celebrating a milestone.  Mobile Suit Gundam is celebrating 40 as a whole, but it’s 20th Anniversary title is turning 20 this year.  So with that in mind, this year Summer Extended Series is Turn A Gundam.  All 50 episodes plus the two compilation films, Earth Light and Moonlight Butterfly, will be covered (those last two are just kind of there cause I ended up having one free day after I did my initial review outlines).  After that it’s off to Otakon before I return for the start of whatever I decide to review in August.

And there you have it, the start of Year 6 with a few interesting titles to explore, many ive wanted to do for a long time.  I hope youre all excited to follow along with me.  I’m so happy to have made it this far with the blog and am looking forward to watching it grow more as 2019 continues.

Thanks again everyone, I’ll see you guys around over at…the Gundam Anime Corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment